PDA

View Full Version : Biggest tree in the game today

prostaff18
07-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Who do you think is the biggest tree in the game today?

For those of you who may not know what a tree is - it is a person who is totally playing out of their mind. Someone who makes shots that shouldn’t be possible. An example of this would be when Nadal hit the backhand winner while sitting against Fed in the Wimby final.

slice bh compliment
07-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Federer treed his *** off a few times yesterday, too. When down a break point or two at times. He makes tree-ing a regular thing, though, so maybe we can't call it tree-ing.

Karlovic basically is serving from the top of a tree, isn't he?

I think Blake trees a lot on the good days. Gonzales, Youzhny, Berdych. Anyone with a decent record against Nadal must be tree-ing his *** off.;)

I think Gasquet treed a good bit in the last two hours of the Roddick match. I think at one point he actually used a few 90 second changeovers to build himself a small treehouse above the court.

I treed a lot yesterday. Made an over the shoulder lob retieval with some topspin that caused a crap half-volley from my opponent, then I moved in for a midcourt topspin BH pass off a low ball. Felt great. I probably did not deserve it, but that's okay sometimes.

RedWeb
07-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Hell, I guess I'm a twig.. on good days a shrubbery.

prostaff18
07-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Federer treed his *** off a few times yesterday, too. When down a break point or two at times. He makes tree-ing a regular thing, though, so maybe we can't call it tree-ing.

Karlovic basically is serving from the top of a tree, isn't he?

I think Blake trees a lot on the good days. Gonzales, Youzhny, Berdych. Anyone with a decent record against Nadal must be tree-ing his *** off.;)

I think Gasquet treed a good bit in the last two hours of the Roddick match. I think at one point he actually used a few 90 second changeovers to build himself a small treehouse above the court.

I treed a lot yesterday. Made an over the shoulder lob retieval with some topspin that caused a crap half-volley from my opponent, then I moved in for a midcourt topspin BH pass off a low ball. Felt great. I probably did not deserve it, but that's okay sometimes.

Like you said: Blake, and Gonzo tree a lot. Gonzo was one big tree the whole AO.

Duzza
07-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Yep, Gonzo and Blake come to mind. Maybe Gasquet? Verdasco apparently trees a lot.

prostaff18
07-09-2007, 06:20 AM
I would say Nadal but he just dose it so much because he is that talented. When I watch Nadal the first thing that comes to mind is TREE. Then I say to myself, "didn’t he just do that same thing in the last game." I was the same way with Fed when he first made his break through.

origmarm
07-09-2007, 06:22 AM
I have to say Mahut at Queens this year

Nuke
07-09-2007, 07:16 AM
On the women's side, Bartoli was playing beyond what anyone could have expected.

TheNatural
07-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Not in the final. Gonzo was playing like a little twing once Fed made him run side to side once or twice-it didnt take much. He looked hopeless once he had to run a few times, and it looked like he had almost no hope of making any effective backhands once he had to run a little. Fed mustve thought he won the lotto to be playing Gonzo.

Like you said: Blake, and Gonzo tree a lot. Gonzo was one big tree the whole AO.