PDA

View Full Version : String for IPrestige Mid ? Help

ferrari_827
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I love the IPrestige Mid which I recently bought, but I can tell it is sensitive to the string and tension.

Right now it is strung with OG micro 17 at 50lbs. I feel the string is too stiff for this string. Since I'm not familiar with strings in general, what would be a good string for this racket which is 18x20 and 93sq.in. ?

What about Technifibre E-matrix, Prince Sweet Perfection, or Iso-speed Professional (I did a bit of research) ?

el10sbum
10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I use the liuqidmetal prestige, and I like the wilson Enduro tour 18g. I string it up at 57lbs.
Great playability, great durability,. Other good strings are the luxilon ace, and big banger. They are about twice the price of the wilson string about the same feel and durability.

Flatspin
10-09-2004, 05:45 AM
I tried many strings in my i Prestige. I settled with Bobolat Powergy 16. They seem to feel perfect in the i Prestige. Soft but not mushy ....very crisp with great "pop" and good zip. Seems some strings play good in one frame but not another. Try em ...u will love them. String at about 54-58lbs! Very durable synthetic!

Nellie
10-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I don't know about other people, but I never break strings on the Prestiges because of the dense string pattern, even though I hit hard with very heavy topspin serves and ground strokes. I find that the dense string bed is stiff and painful on off-center hits(especially in the iPrestige), so I string with natural gut (I prefer Babolat Tonic 16) because I find that it tends to hold tension better that most synthetics and I really like the feel. I string at about 55lbs of tension to further soften the string bed. I play 4 days a week, about 2-3 hours each time, and I end up restringing about every 3 months because the strings have lost too much tension. Even through I don't break strings, I have also starting using the string savers because it gives me better bite on one-handed back hand slice (and because Federer uses them).

I strung a couple of times polyesters, and found Wilson Enduro 17 and Luxilon big banger TIMO 18 to have good control and spin, but the strings hurt my elbow. If I lived in a damp climate or wanted to watch costs more, I might go with these thinner strings. I hated the thicker polyesters - no touch or power - simply dead on the racquet.

If you want really cheap, I keep Prince synthetic gut on a spare racquet in case I ever break a a string. It plays with good control, but really seems to sap the power and sharpness from my game. I might try it at lower tensions in the future.

Let
10-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Try Big Banger Ace 18 at 52-50 lbs.