PDA

View Full Version : Xcel premium vs NXT max

raven5288
10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Which one of these are better. I'm looking for a good multifilament that I could use to replace the gut in my hybrid if I'm low on money.

finchy
10-08-2004, 12:12 PM
i heard NXT max plays like crap. i dunno about xcel, but i heard that it loses tension very fast.

silent bob
10-10-2004, 02:56 AM
The XCel Premium 17 held its tension and playability very well for me right up until breaking point (25 hours for me). It also played surprisingly gut-like for about 8-10 hours (for me), but after that it lost its comfort. My view: one of the best strings available, and relatively durable for a premium string.

I'm not familiar with NXT Max.

Tennis-Rx
10-10-2004, 06:19 AM
I have not used NXT max, but my experience with NXT and NXT OS (which I think is different construction from NXT, but not positive) is that they get mushy rather quickly - play nice early on though - like a lot of multifilaments.

I am more impressed with tension maintenance and lack of mushyness fro Xcel.

raven5288
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
anyone else?

SteveI
10-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi,

Just adding my 2 cents. The NXT was just like tennis-rx stated for me...only played the x-cell once in a demo.. not really impressed with that string either.. but since it was installed in a demo.. one can only guess how long the string was in the frame and how many hours the string was in play. Again.. the NXT max.. was excellent for the 1st 6 hours.. then went very soft and I had to cut it out. It was un-playable after about 7 hours.

Steve

alleycat
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Haven't tried NXT Max, but I would give a slight not to Excel over regular NXT; at least for the first few sets. Both are nice comfortable multis.