PDA

View Full Version : FAO HeyCal

AdeAce
07-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey Buddy.
You may remember that as a sufferer of TE I went on a mad spree of buying racquet after racquet in a sort of quest to find the holy one.

I started at Babolat, went through Prince, Yonex RDS 003, Head Protector (yucky thing to play with) and have finally ended up with..

Wilson Ncode tour 2. Stiffeness rating of 62, probably the lowest of any racquet I have used over the last year and it is mighty easy on the arm, with no pain on contact on either stroke, virtually no pain afterwards, more of a dull ache for a few hours.

Fantastic racquet, plays extremely well, swings great, solid contact and no vibrations.

BUT I have also had a coaching lesson once a week and without a doubt this has really helped. I reckon technique is the most important thing to concentrate on if you are starting to get TE or coming back from it.

Hope you are recovering a bit more than you were last time I posted.

If only I had spent the money I have wasted on racquets on coaching then I might have got better a lot quicker, still you live and learn.

chess9
07-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Amen! Excellent post! This one should be read by everyone below 4.0.

-Robert

LuckyR
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Glad your arm is better, but I find it curious that you didn't try ProKennex nor Volkl, which have prominent reputations in that area of the market.

heycal
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Good old AdeAce... Nice to hear from you again, and I'm glad things are better. My TE has improved a lot also. Of all the things I have tried or presently do, I think switching to 2 hbh was the most help, and also trying to grip the racket a little looser on serves and overheads.

Here's some more on the topic:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=133304&highlight=complicated

heycal
07-29-2007, 10:30 PM
. .

heycal
07-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Glad your arm is better, but I find it curious that you didn't try ProKennex nor Volkl, which have prominent reputations in that area of the market.

I begged him to try a PK 5G, LuckyR, if I'm remembering right, but for some reason he either couldn't or didn't want to. Is that right, AdeAce?

maleyoyo
07-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Hey Buddy.
You may remember that as a sufferer of TE I went on a mad spree of buying racquet after racquet in a sort of quest to find the holy one.

I started at Babolat, went through Prince, Yonex RDS 003, Head Protector (yucky thing to play with) and have finally ended up with..

Wilson Ncode tour 2. Stiffeness rating of 62, probably the lowest of any racquet I have used over the last year and it is mighty easy on the arm, with no pain on contact on either stroke, virtually no pain afterwards, more of a dull ache for a few hours.

Fantastic racquet, plays extremely well, swings great, solid contact and no vibrations.

BUT I have also had a coaching lesson once a week and without a doubt this has really helped. I reckon technique is the most important thing to concentrate on if you are starting to get TE or coming back from it.

Hope you are recovering a bit more than you were last time I posted.

If only I had spent the money I have wasted on racquets on coaching then I might have got better a lot quicker, still you live and learn.

I resolved my TE issue by switching to 2H BH and Head Protector with gut !!!
Now I'm dealing with Golfers elbow and wrist pain due to learning topspin forehand.:mad: ( I'm working with a pro, but she can't do anything about me not relaxing my arm/wrist/grip)
Glad things went well for you.