PDA

View Full Version : Competition is growing stronger every year

iamke55
07-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I think this is the translation of a translation

Q: Since you finished your career your former rival Roger Federer managed to add two more Grand Slam titles to his list accolades - within half a year. Except for Rafael Nadal on clay he doesn't seem to have any real opponents. What's your take on this as someone who was a professional tennis player for 21 years?

A: (laughs). Yeah, I have played against three different generations, haven't I? Although it may depend on how you count. I experienced the play of the McEnroe-Connors era, the play of the ones like Lendl, Becker, Edberg, Wilander, the play of Pete Sampras, Jim Courier and Michael Chang up to the next generation of the young wild ones - from Safin to Kuerten and Hewitt to Federer and Nadal. I had the chance to personally experience how the game evolved and it really has gotten so much better over time that it's almost unbelievable. It's incredible how much the game has evolved over the last 10 years. To have such a dominant player (referring to Federer) who is able to distance himself from the field so much when the game has come such a long way is truely a historic process. We haven't seen anything like it before. The 2nd placed in the world rankings has twice as many points as anyone of the others and Federer has twice as many points as him. Even though the rest of the field is better than it ever was before.

So the next guy who thinks Sampras is better than Federer despite getting much worse results against much weaker competition, I'll believe once you win 8 slams including the career grand slam, bagelling Federer and Nadal in the process of course to prove how bad they are at tennis.

pj80
07-09-2007, 11:18 AM
what the hell did you just write???

iamke55
07-09-2007, 11:19 AM
It's not so much writing as copying and pasting, really.

8PAQ
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Here is what Nadal said:

"He has 11 Grand Slams and he is very close to 14 but whether he wins 14, 16 or even 13, his tennis level is the best in history,".

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09072007/58/wimbledon-federer-sets-sights-sampras.html

So all of you Nadal fans listen to your hero and stop hating Federer like silly little children. Nadal knows better than all of you. He played Fed 13 times and you played Fed 0 times. So shhhh!

pj80
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
who was asked that question?

8PAQ
07-09-2007, 11:34 AM
who was asked that question?

Agassi it seems.

Dedans Penthouse
07-09-2007, 11:45 AM
He's posting the 'observations' of Andre Agassi; the guy who usually lost to Sampras and whose probably getting back at Sampras in an off-handed manner---LOL (j/k). Then again, I sort of find it interesting how Agassi was able to compete even when he was well 'over-the-hill' during THESE past "unbelieveably better" 10 years....and yet how he was an underachiving, fat cow in previous years and who would drop like a stone in the rankings.

Fed's amazing, but what's all the more amazing is that instead of relishing his clutch performance yesterday, the Fed fan boys are instead concerning themselves, make that hysterically tripping all over themselves in a rush to nail Sampras to the cross---in this particular case, using Agassi's "quote" so as to be able to sneer:

"Ya see?!! Do ya see?!!! Forget yesterday's Wimbledon!....what's more important (to me) is getting in those Sampras fan's face in order to say: Pete Sampras isn't in the same league--he isn't in the same classs--as my idol Roger!" bwwwaaaa! :sad:

It's sad. Check that: actually, it's pretty funny. :-)