PDA

View Full Version : vision

harry2110
07-09-2007, 08:46 PM
does any one here have problems with their vision?

FatCat
07-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Blind in my right eye. Been like that since I was about a year old, so I'm used to it...but I have to say learning to play was annoying and I still have problems going from daylight to spotlights (the courts I play at have lights that go on at night), and even to cloudy days sometimes. I also feel like I'm "guessing" on some of my shots...which probably isn't good.

Luckily I've got better-than-perfect vision in my good eye, so I don't have to wear glasses as well.

harry2110
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm almost blind in my other eye e/o glasses but its 20/50 with them so I can play tennis. my FH is solid I don't miss much but my BH is almost useless. I have been this way since birth so I've adapted all my life to it. I've never had any problems going from day to spotlights.

chess9
07-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm almost blind in my other eye e/o glasses but its 20/50 with them so I can play tennis. my FH is solid I don't miss much but my BH is almost useless. I have been this way since birth so I've adapted all my life to it. I've never had any problems going from day to spotlights.

Good for you to not let this minor issue stop your life. It's the old story of the one legged man complaining about having only one leg until he saw a man with no legs. :)

One of my friends has a bad left eye. He gets double vision in it, so his tennis suffers. But, he plays on and accepts what he CAN do.
-Robert

pro_staff
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
I have one farsighted eye and one nearsighted eye. And my left one is off centered. It's really weird when I take off my glasses. Hard to explain exactly what I see.
Playing under lights is the worst for me. I can't see the ball at all until it gets over the net. I gave up playing at night after couple hours of hitting with a friend.

FatCat
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't give it up that quickly, Pro. I had a similar problem (the ball looked entirely two-dimensional before it dropped below net-level on my side), but after trying it for about a week my eye started to adjust to it. It's sort of like relearning how to track the ball, which is frustrating, but if you can stick it out and get it down you've got that much more time to play, and it's generally cooler at night....

xtremerunnerars
07-10-2007, 08:09 PM
20//20 every vision test at school. Yay!

drhopz
07-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I thought my vision was bad because i would get tired and dizzy from reading books, but i just didnt like books.
20/20 :D

pro_staff
07-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't give it up that quickly, Pro. I had a similar problem (the ball looked entirely two-dimensional before it dropped below net-level on my side), but after trying it for about a week my eye started to adjust to it. It's sort of like relearning how to track the ball, which is frustrating, but if you can stick it out and get it down you've got that much more time to play, and it's generally cooler at night....

Yeah I occasionally play during night but never competitively. I always play hit-and-giggle doubles with my friends during the night. It's just too frustrating for me. It's amazing how quality of play can drop when you can't see the ball clearly.
All you 20/20 people, please don't take your vision for granted.
What I'd do for perfect vision...