PDA

View Full Version : wrist pains, makes a popping noise

Bobble
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
the top of my rigth wrist has been aching while i play lately, i am not sure why it started but it hurts most when i serve and sometimes even if hit a two hander with too much wrist action. i use a fxp prestige xl with alu power/prince syn gut. sometimes if move my hand using only my wrist (up to down) the tendon or whatever on the top of my wrist makes a pop sound. sometimes i can play through the pain, but does anyone else have this issue?

drhopz
07-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I do not have this issue, but i wish you sit down, ice it and take precaution.
Play safe.

Bobble
07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
anyone else had this problem?

Oluap
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
A few weeks ago my left wrist started to hurt (I'm a lefty and I play with a strong eastern/semi-western grip). The pain was mostly in the right side of the wrist, near the ulnar bone. The wrist also made a pop sound and hurted when I moved my hand (supinatrion/pronation movement)

Sometimes when I hitted a forehand I felt an excruciating pain on the wrist and couldn't hit another forehand for 3 or 4 minutes.

Then I read the Marius_Hancu's sticky thread about aches and pains and tried to correct my forehand stroke trying to get my wrist locked at contact. I suppose my attempt of kick serve also contributed to the pain.

Now before every match I wrap my wrist tightly, wear a wristband and I manage to play without any pain.

Bobble
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
wrapping the wrist sounds good, what kind of tape do you use?

tbini87
07-11-2007, 12:57 AM
my wrist pops every time i move it up and down or in a circle. it is not always painful, but hurts a lot when i play tennis. i tape it with white athletic tape. i make sure to get it up against my hand just enough to restrict a little bit of the wrists movement. after playing for a while i have to add more tape because the first tape loosens up. hope this helps!

Burt Turkoglu
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
...popping isn't a good sign.....could be a TFCC injury....do a search on this site and goggle....

princess bossass
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm in no position to give advice, but I'm just going to pass on the textbook suggestion I've received a couple times (and read given to others a couple dozen times): see the doc. Don't take anyone's "word for it" on an internet forum when it comes to your body and your health. While I don't think following advice such as "ice it, tape it, use caution" can ever hurt you, if it's really bad don't you think a doctor should take a look at it?

That said, I've always had poppy wrists (yoga helps strengthen your wrists and improve their ROM, btw), and I occasionally hit a 2h backhand that makes the underside of my right wrist scream in agony (I'm a RH-er, btw). I usually just assume I'm using fatally terrible technique or form and try to use better footwork so as not to hit weird shots from bad positions. I should probably see a doctor, but I won't have health insurance for another two months. ;)