PDA

View Full Version : Bar Nadal,who was the youngster who played the best at 2007 Wimbledon??

david22
07-10-2007, 01:21 AM
i would say......Baghdatis.
Gasquet and Djokovic went further but i have to say that i was extremely impressed by Baghdatis.

clymb420
07-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Djokovic was on his way to the Wmb final before his body gave out. Nadal's gonna have some competition for the #2 spot real soon.

deucecourt
07-10-2007, 07:06 AM
It looks like Gasquet has finally turned the corner. He has broken into the top 10 and improved his serve. I believe if he was 100% his match against Fed would have been better than the Nadal one. Lookout for Gasquet in NYC.

anointedone
07-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Gasquet I think. I definitely disagree with the previous poster on the Gasquet-Federer match though. As well as he played Gasquet beat Roddick by the slimmest margin possible, and Federer is on a much higher level then Roddick now.

latinking
07-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Djokovic was on his way to the Wmb final before his body gave out. Nadal's gonna have some competition for the #2 spot real soon.

I agree.....

BiGGieStuFF
07-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Gasquet was decent and he just played out of his mind the last 3 sets against roddick. Djokovic is rock solid. Too bad his body broke down.

fps
07-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Djoko has the modern allaround game- impossible athleticism, great technique, iron temperament. He looks placed to achieve the best results out of the 3 (forget Berdych, he's good but not as good as the others).

However, Gasquet and Baghdatis are the ones I'll root for, they play tennis how it should be played, with great spirit, flair, shotmaking, risk-taking, and crowd-pleasing. True showmen.

sm-2004
07-10-2007, 08:36 AM

I dont think Nadal is going to fight for the #2 spot, he will be #1. Djokovic will be competing with Federer for being #2. :D

TheNatural
07-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Joker was easily the best serving youngster at Wimbledon 2007. Gasquet played as well as Joker, but Joker served better. Didnt see much of Bags, but the bits I saw he was playing just as well as the other 2.

armand
07-10-2007, 09:07 AM
To me, it was clear that Baghdatis was the more physically talented player vs Djokovic. Bags was controlling the rallies with better pace and accuracy and Joker was just hanging on. Lucky for Joker, Bags' weakness is his mental game and could not close out the match though he had a number of opportunities. It is way more important to be mentally stronger.

I think Gasquet had the best performance; he looked defeated in those first 2 sets vs Roddick. He looked like he didn't care and was thinking about his 10 hot Parisian girlfriends.

He was down 2 sets and a break and then Gasquet flipped a switch and came back to force that tiebreaker. And then not even Andy's 18 in a row could stop him. It was just one amazing winner after another.

I remember Gasquet having another great 5 setter at the US Open 1 or 2 years ago. He was cramping and everything and nearly pulled it out. He impresses me more than Federer did at this age.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I would say Djokovic who I saw more of, but my first thought was Baghdatis the thing was I only got to see two partials of his matches.

J-man
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
I think Gasquet's comeback from 2 sets to love win over Roddick is amazing and I think goes far for him in this circumstance. But Novak played great tennis also. Taking out good players on the way (Baghdatis, Kiefer, Hewitt). Great all around playing by him

david22
07-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Joker was easily the best serving youngster at Wimbledon 2007. Gasquet played as well as Joker, but Joker served better. Didnt see much of Bags, but the bits I saw he was playing just as well as the other 2.

i thought Gasquet played better than Djokovic and he also beat a better opponent(at least on grass) than the ones Djokovic beat.
i mean,Djokovic didn t produce 90 winners in a match like Gasquet did.

Anyway,i find Gasquet's game more attractive and more impressive than Djokovic's game.

federerfanatic
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I voted for Djokovic.