View Full Version : Clijsters Expecting

West Coast Ace
07-10-2007, 03:03 AM
From the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/6287426.stm

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-10-2007, 05:59 AM
I am happy for her.

I wish her the best in this new chapter of her life.

ilovecarlos
07-10-2007, 06:23 AM
She's always wanted to settle down and have a family...I'm very happy for her. I'm also very happy she got the heck away from that creep Lleyton Hewitt...she's waaaaaaaay too good for that little bugger.....
Congrats Kim!

Forehand Forever
07-10-2007, 06:57 AM
She didn't waste any time after retiring to have a baby.

JLyon
07-10-2007, 07:16 AM
congrats to Kim and her soon to be hubby.

Nuke
07-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm surprised that this was announced now, when she's getting married on Saturday. The announcement could have waited until after the honeymoon.

JLyon
07-10-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm surprised that this was announced now, when she's getting married on Saturday. The announcement could have waited until after the honeymoon.

yup would have saved the father needing a shot gun :-D

Sean Dugan
07-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Seems strange that they would announce she is pregnant before the wedding since it is only a few days from now. I conclude she must be showing already. Otherwise why would you make that information public prior to the wedding as opposed a month or so after?

She retired very abruptly four months earlier than planned two months ago.....now they announce she is pregnant a week before her wedding.....I think she retired because she found out she was pregnant two months ago. That would make sense.

Anyway, she seems very family oriented so I'm sure she'll be quite happy being a mother. I remember seeing her about five years ago in San Jose Arena playing with the baby of the couple sitting behind her.

Nuke
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
She retired very abruptly four months earlier than planned two months ago.....now they announce she is pregnant a week before her wedding.....I think she retired because she found out she was pregnant two months ago.
Good theory. She's also well known to like champagne (didn't she give everyboday a bottle at some Belgian tournament?) so I suppose the info needed to get out so folks at the wedding don't wonder why she's not drinking for the wedding toast.

tennisdarren
07-11-2007, 07:16 AM
There's 7-2 odds that it comes out looking like Nukes avitar.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
07-13-2007, 12:35 PM

I think that's rather normal and typical of European style modernly. Marriage happens but it is not the most important thing, or for most, no longer considered necessary. I mean really, a wedding is not considered official if conducted in a church in many European countries. You have to go to the registrar or government office for it to be official, and then might also chose to have a church wedding if you are religiously inclined.