PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer Swears at Wimbledon 2007 Final

Tennis_Ace
07-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Did anyone see this -

During the fourth set of the mens final at Wimbledon Federer shows rare colourful frustration at the recently introduced Hawk Eye technology in the game

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/165/Roger_Federer_Swears_at_Wimbledon_2007_Final/

You know Federer wanted this.

Highlight Clip of the Final

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/166/Wimbledon_Final_2007_Roger_Federer_vs_Raphael_Nada l_Quality/

Awesome that Federer won !!!! :grin:

clymb420
07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Loved to see a the passion from Fed. These are full-blown grown-up sporting events...it's not, and shouldn't be, the Disney channel. Tennis might be a ettiquete-based country club sport, but it's nice to see just a little Bobby Knight/Johnny Mac type passion from these guys every once in a while.

BiGGieStuFF
07-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Thank god for Nadal. W/o him Fed would just be winning left and right. I like to see Fed pushed to his limits. I can only fuel his desire to win even more. Competition breeds better tennis. Apparently only Nadal got this memo. The rest of the field just withers and dies at Fed's feet.

quest01
07-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Thats very rare for Federer to complain about anything. So that video came to me as a bit of a shock. Also that is a nice website.

robin7
07-10-2007, 08:43 AM
During the fourth set of the mens final at Wimbledon Federer shows rare colourful frustration at the recently introduced Hawk Eye technology in the game

From the naked eyes, the ball was out.

robin7
07-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Rafael Nadal will not agonise over his missed chance at Wimbledon, preferring to think about a good tournament and a break on the beach back home in Majorca.

“Tomorrow on the beach I'm going to be thinking how good it is to be in Majorca,” he replied to the question whether he would turn over in his mind the chances he lost to break Roger Federer in the deciding fifth set of Sunday's final.

“I will be happy about my tournament and my game,” he said.

“I'm sad that I lost but in no phase did I play below his level. I don't believe in luck, the one who had to win, won,” said Nadal, though he added: “If we have to find any difference, maybe it's the serve."

“He served better than me and that's important on every surface, but on this surface more, no?”

Asked if he thought he could win Wimbledon one day, Nadal said: "You can never be sure of anything but what I am sure of is that I can play at a very high level on any surface."

Source: Star Online (http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/7/10/sports/18255986&sec=sports)

veritech
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Rafael Nadal will not agonise over his missed chance at Wimbledon, preferring to think about a good tournament and a break on the beach back home in Majorca.

“Tomorrow on the beach I'm going to be thinking how good it is to be in Majorca,” he replied to the question whether he would turn over in his mind the chances he lost to break Roger Federer in the deciding fifth set of Sunday's final.

“I will be happy about my tournament and my game,” he said.

“I'm sad that I lost but in no phase did I play below his level. I don't believe in luck, the one who had to win, won,” said Nadal, though he added: “If we have to find any difference, maybe it's the serve."

“He served better than me and that's important on every surface, but on this surface more, no?”

Asked if he thought he could win Wimbledon one day, Nadal said: "You can never be sure of anything but what I am sure of is that I can play at a very high level on any surface."

Source: Star Online (http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/7/10/sports/18255986&sec=sports)

i hate it when reporters ask this question. they always get the same response from the williams. what is the athlete to say, "no i don't think i can win wimbledon."

TheNatural
07-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Man versus Machine..lol.. Not sure if Fed looks sillier argueing with a machine or wearing his pants backwards, mabe we need a poll.

Tennis_Ace
07-11-2007, 07:03 AM
Loved to see a the passion from Fed. These are full-blown grown-up sporting events...it's not, and shouldn't be, the Disney channel. Tennis might be a ettiquete-based country club sport, but it's nice to see just a little Bobby Knight/Johnny Mac type passion from these guys every once in a while.

True but - dealing with Juniors and getting them to control this is a major issue and I think that this makes it so much harder trying to get them to stop.

I believe also in a Junior tournament this would be some warning or violation for swearing - no?

jlambertou
07-11-2007, 07:10 AM
That really wasn't much of an outburst. He was expressing his frustration in a friendly way to the umpire using a little colorful language, not cursing him out or anything. I think we can all empathize with what he was saying.

I wonder if it would not be good to tweak the Hawkeye technology a little bit to call out balls that are say "95%" out, the ones that don't catch any part of the line that the naked eye can see. Maybe by decreasing the profile of the ball in the replays.

Robbie_1988
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
That really wasn't much of an outburst. He was expressing his frustration in a friendly way to the umpire using a little colorful language, not cursing him out or anything. I think we can all empathize with what he was saying.

I hate to break it to you jlambertou but some trolls around here are desperate to take any opportunity they can get to bag out Federer. They're easily spotted and are very recognizable. They're the type to create idiotic/ridiculous threads that serve no other purpose than to clog up this forum and **** you off.

bammbamm
07-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Maybe we'll see Fed morphing into a McEnroe!

SideSpinPDR
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Federer is human with human emotions. I know that Hawkeye is "90%" accurate but that honestly is a huge differential considering how tennis scoring works. It's good to see Federer show some emotion and he played a great game and won it. I don't think he'll turn into a J-Mac or anything, it was just frustration on not getting anything with Hawkeye to fall his way. I can completely understand the feeling of not being able to catch a break. Biggie called it right, "competition breeds better tennis." These guys played a great match at Wimbledon and they both play great tennis. Federer was just better that day, even with all the Hawkeye calls that didn't fall his way. Congratulations Federer and I hope they do get the replay more accurate as the year goes on.

sondraj
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I just find it funny how people praise fed for his clear head all the time when those people obviously haven't seen fed play against rafa much. It's easy to have a clear head when you aren't being challenged. Rafa is alway calm and for the most part respectful although he has had his moments especially this year. When Fed is in a bind he acts out like every other player.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
"how in the world is that ball in, sh*t"

CivicLx
07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
lol it must be the accent because even when he's complaining, he still sounds polite:)

Robbie_1988
07-12-2007, 02:34 AM
I just find it funny how people praise fed for his clear head all the time when those people obviously haven't seen fed play against rafa much. It's easy to have a clear head when you aren't being challenged. Rafa is alway calm and for the most part respectful although he has had his moments especially this year. When Fed is in a bind he acts out like every other player.

So what's your point? Next week you'll call Roger Federer boring because he shows no emotion and you'll call him fake for being polite. You'd label him as a robot. But who doesn't have their ugly moments? He's human. So what if he loses his cool.

And so what if he acts out and has a dummy spit or even blows up. Hell I would like to see him lose his temper and fire up and be aggressive.

Hell yeah. I want to see more fire from Federer.

pound cat
07-12-2007, 03:40 AM

He also uses f*** on occasion.

Gee, he must be a 25 year old guy.

jelle v
07-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Wow.. he said "shít"... OMG.. that is some heavy swearing and cursing.. :roll:

gugarafa
07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
cant see the clip????

Tennis_Ace
07-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the response, I just wanted to see what others thought about it.

I agree that nothing major should happen by any means, but shouldn't he at least get a warning - that is what the rule is correct?

Thanks

tlm
07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
You just dont see fed having that tough of a time in a match very often, especially at wimbly. That is the real fed the crybaby, telling the umpire to turn shot spot off+throwing his little hissy fit.

You know the same guy that many of you claim is such a great sport + on +on, it is easy to put this front on when you are winning, but the true colors show through when the going gets tough!!!!!!!

superman1
07-16-2007, 05:15 PM
You call that swearing? - http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6fGz_lVru8

MasturB
07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Federer sounds hilariosu when he cusses.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X1BIe35skSU

Bodacious DVT
07-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Federer sounds hilariosu when he cusses.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X1BIe35skSU

yea he does. he said it so weird! it sounded like it was his first time cussing:-D

tennis_hand
07-16-2007, 06:19 PM
that kind of swear is nothing compared to Roddick's big "F".

pj80
07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
how bout pistol pete dropping some f-bombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWrLCLZuiQk

tennishead93
07-16-2007, 06:41 PM
hahahaha o my god that was funny. ive never heard him like that before

EricW
07-16-2007, 06:45 PM

LOL yeah right, saying "sh*t" once a year is exactly like every other player!

TheNatural
07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Nice putaway Forehand. Becker was screaming like a girl after the winner flew past him.

how bout pistol pete dropping some f-bombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWrLCLZuiQk

DraGoNoFfiR3
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Did anyone see this -

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/165/Roger_Federer_Swears_at_Wimbledon_2007_Final/

You know Federer wanted this.

Highlight Clip of the Final

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/166/Wimbledon_Final_2007_Roger_Federer_vs_Raphael_Nada l_Quality/

Awesome that Federer won !!!! :grin:

nice find!

BiGGieStuFF
07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Those youtube videos did lead me to couple of sampras slam dunk smashes. Man that shot never gets old.

anointedone
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Those youtube videos did lead me to couple of sampras slam dunk smashes. Man that shot never gets old.

Yeah it shows amazing athletic ability. I cant think of another tennis player jumping that high.

tennis_hand
07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah it shows amazing athletic ability. I cant think of another tennis player jumping that high.

Roddick did that. but out. :p

AJK1
07-16-2007, 09:49 PM
The OP obviously didn't hear Nadal say "b a s t a r d" in spanish a couple of times.

MasturB
07-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I remember Roddick cussing like a mad man when playing Roger in Shanghai last year.

tennis_hand
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I remember Roddick cussing like a mad man when playing Roger in Shanghai last year.

also in AO this year: goddarndamn.. He forgot how to say it. :p

35ft6
07-17-2007, 03:05 AM
You can buy the Wimbledon 2007 finals on iTunes for $1.99. Unbelievable.

sillymonkey
07-17-2007, 07:14 AM
It was surprising so see him act so childish, like a spoiled baby, really.
He was extremely lucky to get the win.

Rhino
07-17-2007, 07:45 AM
It was surprising so see him act so childish, like a spoiled baby, really.
He was extremely lucky to get the win.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p46/soundreece/rogwinsmpgbh1.gif

whatever. :grin:

babolat15
07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
that was awesome

tennishead93
07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
blake does the slam dunk overhead

tennishead93
07-17-2007, 02:56 PM
but fed hit a winner off of it

Hot Sauce
07-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I love it when he complains, the tone is just really funny :D.

Tennis_Ace
07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
:D Well Regardless Federer is a Stud

http://www.tennisclip.com/media/179/Roger_Federer_slow_motion_video_-_Multiple_Forehands_and_Backhans_/

Fedace
09-30-2007, 05:39 PM
princess roger tries to hard to be so cool but it doesnt work

When Roger sweared and said the S___ word, it sounded like a little girl complaing that the bully took her candy away. But all in all, Roger was saying that the Machine was all Wrong. he was complaining that the line calling machines are making bad calls.;)