PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's dream about bouncing balls

iPlayer
07-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Novak Djokovic bounces the ball on the ground so many times before serving because he dreams of being a well known and well liked player. He does so many impressions of other players, using their trademark habits and hope one day he'll be famous enough for other players to make fun of him. He just wants a "thing" like Nadal's many, many things, Federer's hair flicking, Roddick's tongue and Agassi's walk. This is a cry for attention and he's getting it now. Good job Novak, people are talking about you.

Mad iX
07-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Good job Novak, people are talking about you.

You mean it's got nothing to do with him being #4 in the world, probably soon to be #3. Nothing to do with him reaching two consecutive grand slam semis. Nothing to do with his talent and potential?

herosol
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
and his shirt ripping? rawr?

AJK1
07-10-2007, 05:11 PM
The guy is actually very funny and he is quite light hearted and good natured. His impersonations are regarded as tributes to his fellow players, not denigrations of them. I can hardly wait to see someone impersonate his service bouncing of balls etc, that should be funny!!

zzzbrianxxx
07-10-2007, 06:21 PM
You mean it's got nothing to do with him being #4 in the world, probably soon to be #3. Nothing to do with him reaching two consecutive grand slam semis. Nothing to do with his talent and potential?

Yea, you see right through people. Because the OP was trying to say that Djok is famous because he bounces the ball a lot. You are really really smart.

Every all time great tennis player has certain habits that everyone remembers about them. Djok has repeatedly said that his goal is to reach #1. Even if he doesn't, he thinks that he will, which is a huge part of the mentality of a tennis pro. So, by noticing how Djok can imitate every great tennis player, the OP can see how it's important to him (Because he can do them so damn well). He wants to be remembered in the same way as the other greats. He wants his own habit that stands out.

brolycjw
07-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Radek Stephanek has already imitated Djokovic when playing against him.

pow
07-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Djokovic's ball bouncing is long enough... if someone imitates him and exaggerates the act, I'd hate to have to sit through it.

pow
07-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Djokovic's ball bouncing is long enough... if someone imitates him and exaggerates the act, I'd hate to have to sit through it.

SiLvErX
07-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Djokovic is a really cool guy...and he sure is good natured... if you dont believe me check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAt0O-RkRwk

and i can also show you how popular Novak Ana and Jelena are in Serbia in a video where over 10000 people awaits them in Belgrade centar after Rolan Garos

malakas
07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Novak Djokovic bounces the ball on the ground so many times before serving because he dreams of being a well known and well liked player. He does so many impressions of other players, using their trademark habits and hope one day he'll be famous enough for other players to make fun of him. He just wants a "thing" like Nadal's many, many things, Federer's hair flicking, Roddick's tongue and Agassi's walk. This is a cry for attention and he's getting it now. Good job Novak, people are talking about you.

and he's got his first hater here :roll: Not bad ,that's the first step for fandom.

Morrissey
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
and he's got his first hater here :roll: Not bad ,that's the first step for fandom.

Like I've said, you are nobody until someone hates you.