PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know who will be playing in the Countrywide Classic?

TENNIS_IS_FUN
07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I have the chance to go to this oncoming tournament and would like to know which players will be playing there (as of now).

DraGoNoFfiR3
07-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I have the chance to go to this oncoming tournament and would like to know which players will be playing there (as of now).

i might be there too cuz im taking summer classes at UCLA and ima watch some tennis on monday (when its free)

i think murray, haas, safin, blake are playing

TENNIS_IS_FUN
07-10-2007, 09:01 PM
i might be there too cuz im taking summer classes at UCLA and ima watch some tennis on monday (when its free)

i think murray, haas, safin, blake are playing

What exactly is showing on monday, where admission is free?

DraGoNoFfiR3
07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
monday is qualies AND main draw action, thats all i know

anchorsteamer
07-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Hoping to be there too

GRANITECHIEF
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Here is the posted player list:

http://www.countrywideclassic.com/players.htm

Hoping to be there too

Qually draw supposed to come out on Friday right?

anchorsteamer
07-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Yep, qually draw comes out friday night...

Nice playing last night (tennis and pool...)

GRANITECHIEF
07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Yep, qually draw comes out friday night...

Nice playing last night (tennis and pool...)

Thanks man! You too!!

I was lucky to get through that one with a partner that chucked his racket into the net, what was it 3 times? HAHAHA~!. I thought he was going to do the shoe toss over the fence. Understandable though with the surf injury hampering mobility and whatever else. Maybe i need to get a surf injury too so i don't lose my serve 3 times.

So is the back going to be top shape by Sunday?

Moose Malloy
07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
does anyone have tickets for the Monday night session?

also I see that qualifying(held on Sat, Sunday, Monday & it is free) is held at the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center. Where is that? Near the tennis stadium?

Nadal_Rulz
07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll be there monday at least because its free for students. There are two guys practicing on the main court right now, I couldn't tell who it was because I couldn't get in but looked a little like Nalbandian and someone else, don't know who.

Moose Malloy
07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I'll be there monday at least because its free for students.

how many tickets can you get? I'd be interested in buying 2 tickets for the monday night session, if you have them.

GRANITECHIEF
07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Isn't Monday free for USTA members? Just bring your USTA card and you're in.

Moose Malloy
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Isn't Monday free for USTA members? Just bring your USTA card and you're in

not according to the website. are you talking about the qualifying? that is the ony thing that is free. I don't see anything about it being free for students or usta members either, just that they get a discount.

DraGoNoFfiR3
07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
if you donate a racket on racket days then you get a free ticket to session 1 or 2

TENNIS_IS_FUN
07-11-2007, 07:47 PM
if you donate a racket on racket days then you get a free ticket to session 1 or 2

could you give me a little more info on this? when are racket days, and how do you distinguish the different sessions?

GRANITECHIEF
07-16-2007, 07:27 AM
See, I knew there was a free session for USTA members. Here is an excerpt/quote from USTA email:

USTA Member Appreciation Night

Receive one (1) free ticket for USTA Member Appreciation Night, Monday evening, July 16. Please show your USTA membership card at the box office just outside the main entrance gate to receive one (1) complimentary loge ticket to Session “B.”

Member-only access to the USTA hospitality located at the Corporate Hospitality Village (north side of Pauly Pavilion) on Monday, July 16, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, gifts, and more – our way of saying thanks for supporting this great sport! Be sure to bring your USTA Membership card to receive entry.

We look forward to seeing you July 16-22 at the Countrywide Classic!

Game on!

simi
07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm going to try and attend either the Tuesday or Thursday day session. Depends on work schedule.