PDA

View Full Version : Philosophy on Federer vs Nadal rivarly

ben_friendz
07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I think within the next 2 years Nadal will beat Federer more often than Federer beats him however in the years following Federer will become more dominant than ever as his game is very technique oriented and Nadals game will fade as he uses power and sheer athletic ability.

idiotboy
07-11-2007, 09:02 PM
meh. I am not particularly enlightened by your philosophy.

Alexandros
07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Please consult a dictionary to find out what philosophy is.

JayxTheKoolest
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Please consult a dictionary to find out what philosophy is.

Agreed, what you said has nothign to do with philosophy.

Mad iX
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Don't quit your day job, oh great philosopher.

idiotboy
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
yea - its more a prediction than a philosophy. It would be more like a philosophy if you said something like "i pick my butt, therefore i am".

Myself - I would say that Federer's dominance will decline with age. But then that's a pretty safe prediction, not requiring of a seperate thread.

ATPattic
07-11-2007, 09:46 PM
fed and Nadal will both rule on their own surfaces for another year or two. Nadal on clay, fed on grass/hard. Than Nadal will find a way to #1

brolycjw
07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Both Federer's and Nadal's tennis will die out at around the same time, Fed will still be dominant for the next few years but his baseline game will face strong competition from the upcoming younger players. On the other hand, Nadal's tenacious baseline game will deteriorate fast as his body weakens with injuries. I reckon they will both retire at 2012, if no career threatening injuries occur.

But this has nothing to do with philosophy.

Kim
07-12-2007, 02:47 AM
Its actually the other way around, Fed will beat Nadal more often (he has beat him 4/6 times the last times they met) than Nadal will beat Fed. That is what recent trends indicate.

caulcano
07-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Its actually the other way around, Fed will beat Nadal more often (he has beat him 4/6 times the last times they met) than Nadal will beat Fed. That is what recent trends indicate.

The way I see it, Nadal has improved since last year, consequently he is able to meet Federer in more finals, and Federer is given the opportunity to make-right his H2H against Nadal.

Nadal's improvement has enabled him to move closer to Federer, but Federer is still ahead (in my eyes).

I, like yourself, see Federer continue to beat Nadal more often than Nadal beats Federer ...