PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten me

TheModernEra
07-12-2007, 06:22 AM
I just discovered this tennis forum and love it. As a newbie it seems as though there are two camps- the Nadal camp and the Federer camp...not much else....

I am not sure I understand the arguments out there comparing Nadal and Federer....do me a favor and do a Wikipedia search on Records held by Roger Federer and then check out records of Nadal. And then read Federer's records again....these are records he holds....not possible future records or hype.....its sobering and mindnumbing how dominant he has been over the past four years.

Nadal is not a good player but a great player...but based on how long his rallies are, his matches are, and how much effort he puts forth on a daily basis, his career will be short-lived....And he will feel the wear and tear of doing better on hard courts (all court success) more than Federer...Look at how many matches Federer has played the past three years due to his success at each tournament...until this year, no real break...I don't see how Nadal can do it.

This forum is great...and Federer and Nadal are bringing interest back to a sport that needs it (at least in the States)....I hope this rivalry lasts a long time.....

Peace....

sondraj
07-12-2007, 06:37 AM
I just discovered this tennis forum and love it. As a newbie it seems as though there are two camps- the Nadal camp and the Federer camp...not much else....

I am not sure I understand the arguments out there comparing Nadal and Federer....do me a favor and do a Wikipedia search on Records held by Roger Federer and then check out records of Nadal. And then read Federer's records again....these are records he holds....not possible future records or hype.....its sobering and mindnumbing how dominant he has been over the past four years.

Nadal is not a good player but a great player...but based on how long his rallies are, his matches are, and how much effort he puts forth on a daily basis, his career will be short-lived....And he will feel the wear and tear of doing better on hard courts (all court success) more than Federer...Look at how many matches Federer has played the past three years due to his success at each tournament...until this year, no real break...I don't see how Nadal can do it.

This forum is great...and Federer and Nadal are bringing interest back to a sport that needs it (at least in the States)....I hope this rivalry lasts a long time.....

Peace....

You might be new but judging by this post you'll fit right in with the Fed/Rafa wars...

And yes it is pointless to compare a record held with a possible record that could be, but it is also as pointless to predict the future in terms of a players health.

I swear tennis is the only sport where people really believe because you actually work to play at it you'll have a shorter than normal lived career.

Guess what folk it's a sport it is not suppose to be easy on the body. No sport is, yes even tennis.

Andres
07-12-2007, 06:50 AM
http://calstaging.bemidjistate.edu/students/sfroyd/images/webpics/lighter.jpg

http://intheouter.net/wp-content/images/candlelight.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/desktoppub/1/0/y/i/lightbulb1.jpg

Consider yourself enlightened ;)

Rhino
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Andres Guazzelli you are slightly mad, no?

Andres
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
When the outside temperature rises
And the meaning is oh so clear
One thousand and one yellow daffodils
Begin to dance in front of you - oh dear

Are they trying to tell you something?
You're missing that one final screw
You're simply not in the pink my dear
To be honest you haven't got a clue

I'm going slightly mad
I'm going slightly mad
It finally happened - happened
It finally happened - ooh oh
It finally happened - I'm slightly mad
Oh dear!

I'm one card short of a full deck
I'm not quite the shilling
One wave short of a shipwreck
I'm not at my usual top billing
I'm coming down with a fever
I'm really out to sea

This kettle is boiling over
I think I'm a banana tree

Oh dear, I'm going slightly mad
I'm going slightly mad
It finally happened, happened
It finally happened uh huh
It finally happened I'm slightly mad - oh dear!

I'm knitting with only one needle
Unravelling fast its true
I'm driving only three wheels these days
But my dear how about you?

I'm going slightly mad
I'm going slightly mad
It finally happened
It finally happened oh yes
It finally happened
I'm slightly mad!
Just very slightly mad!
And there you have it!

VGP
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
What would be very disappointing for Nadal fans and perhaps the Nadal camp would be if Rafael doesn't win a GS title from here on out. With the likes of Gasquet, Djokovic et al. coming up (and who's to say someone completely different) perhaps rising to the top.

Nadal would have had a great run, but have been "only" #2 for a long time and winning at Roland Garros could be his greatest achievements.

There could be a transition where if Roger were to fall and Nadal could be #1 for a short time, but not get another GS title.

I wouldn't describe myself a Federer or Nadal devotee but we could be sitting in a time of flux on the tour.

.....or Federer could go on winning.

The rest of the year should be interesting.

gugarafa
07-16-2007, 02:13 AM
are you really a newbie...you seem to have gotten the hang of trolling already