PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Rhyne Williams play ?

atatu
07-12-2007, 08:35 AM
This kid is just 16. He won a futures title last week in Pittsburgh, beating some good college players along the way and this week he beat some guy ranked in the 600's in his first round match. Curious to know what kind of game this kid has.

Rpp
07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Great talent, no real weaknesses if I remember right. Actually does not look like average 16 year old kid. He is physically strong for his age.

Anyway winning ITF Futures is a huge surprise even though the tournaments are not as tough in summers as they are in winters.

I think US might have next big star coming from Tennessee...

NebAce1
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Great talent, no real weaknesses if I remember right. Actually does not look like average 16 year old kid. He is physically strong for his age.

Anyway winning ITF Futures is a huge surprise even though the tournaments are not as tough in summers as they are in winters.

I think US might have next big star coming from Tennessee...

What kind of game does he play?

Rpp
07-13-2007, 09:36 AM
What kind of game does he play?

Hard hitting baseliner I would say, at least on clay. Right handed, plays two handed backhand....The last 16 year old to win ITF Futures must be Nadal.

NebAce1
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hard hitting baseliner I would say, at least on clay. Right handed, plays two handed backhand....The last 16 year old to win ITF Futures must be Nadal.

Does he attack and hit a lot of winners, or is he usually more on the defensive end.

crazylevity
07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I can't help but notice the "Williams"...lol.

Rpp
07-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Does he attack and hit a lot of winners, or is he usually more on the defensive end.

Would not call a counter puncher...not seen on hard courts so cannot say how aggressive he can be. I assume pretty aggressive though...

i.Radical
07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Too bad his last name is Williams.. He won't be popular here.

Thud and blunder
07-13-2007, 03:05 PM
There was some toolbox on here a while ago claiming to be Williams, but JollyRoger gave him such a smackdown, he hasn't been seen since.

NebAce1
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
There was some toolbox on here a while ago claiming to be Williams, but JollyRoger gave him such a smackdown, he hasn't been seen since.

Yea that was Sakumo.

goober
07-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Interesting- I posted a completely neutral comment about Sakumo earlier in this thread and it got deleted. Are we not allowed to talk about him?

NebAce1
07-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Interesting- I posted a completely neutral comment about Sakumo earlier in this thread and it got deleted. Are we not allowed to talk about him?

No I think u posted that in the junior forum, it's pretty much the same thread.

goober
07-14-2007, 10:46 AM
No I think u posted that in the junior forum, it's pretty much the same thread.

Doh I didn't realize atatu started the same thread twice about him :-D