PDA

View Full Version : Newbies for NG hybrid

fisheye
10-10-2004, 08:01 AM
I play with Yonex RDX500MP with Gamma Livewire XP 17 at 60lbs. I find it loses tension quite fast...

My friend recommands me to give a try to NG hybrid.

The shop I alway visit has the offer for Babolat Twin gut + Syn gut hybrid.

What would you recommand for Syn gut?? for main or cross??

Any tension adjustments coz of hybrid??

Cheers,
Billy

Gaines Hillix
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Any solid core syn gut should be o.k. with nat gut in the mains. I would recommend dropping the tension on the crosses a couple of lbs. when using syn gut there to even out the feel of the stringbed.

fisheye
10-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Any solid core syn gut should be o.k. with nat gut in the mains. I would recommend dropping the tension on the crosses a couple of lbs. when using syn gut there to even out the feel of the stringbed.

Any reasonable price/performance syn gut would you recommand to go with the nat gut hybrid??

would installing nat gut on the main coz less durability?? is it the main purpose to give more feel and comfort??

Say keeping my usual tension for 60lbs:
60lbs main nat gut : 56lbs cross syn gut

is that ok??

Steve Huff
10-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Yes, that sounds good. I use a gut/synthetic hybrid. I string the mains (natural gut) at 56 and the crosses (synthetic) at 53 in a 5g--a little higher in the 15gPSE. About any synthetic gut will work. I'd use something relatively smooth so it won't saw through the natural too quickly (avoid Topspin, etc). I normally use Gosen OG Micro 17 or Prince Synthetic w/Duraflex. Another reall good one is Ektelon Power Play 17. This used to be Prince Synthetic Soft. It's one of the best for using as a cross.