PDA

View Full Version : Top 10

boobik2371
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
As I was looking at the ATP headlines I saw that Igor beat Gasquet. I said so what? But i kept reading and saw he was 7 in the world and as I looked at the top 10 I was somewhat stunned. The top 5 I do agree with, but the rest I am not too sure of. Yes I do agree that they do have talent and play well but I just don't see them top 10 they seem somewhat streaky players. Yes Roddick and Davydenko can be straky as well but less often than are. I would feel more confident if Hewitt, Nalbandian, and of course my boy Safinwere in there. But they seem to be losing touch and maybe I am more biased towards them since I grew up watching their matches.

Lleytian3
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
i know exactly what you mean. i still think safin and hewitt are top 10 players, but if they cant get the results then they cant get the rankings.

i agreed with you at one time, where i did not think that top 10 deserved to be there. players like davydenko and ljbucic and all these people.

but i saw some of the top ten players matches that i thought didnt deserve to be their, and i was completely wrong. players that are now in the top 10, i think they deserve to be their.

HellBunni
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
well the ranking is by result.
so even though they are shakey, they are less than Nalb and Safin enough to rank higher than them.

127mph
07-13-2007, 12:48 PM
i remember in 2005 the top 4 were like federer hewitt roddick and safin. that was a nice little group.

krz
07-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I think that was 2004 it was Fed, Roddick, Hewitt, Safin at the year end ATP Championships, best year of my tennis watching so far.