PDA

View Full Version : Sampras, Hall Of Fame

pj80
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
anybody know which channel in the usa will bradcast this? And when....

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
07-13-2007, 08:47 PM
No I don't know, but I replied on this one because I thought immediately if Sampras is not in the Hall of Fame of Tennis (and I thought he must have been by now, I hadn't been keeping up directly, sorry) and others were from that era or near around, why hadn't he been inducted? I know there has to be a standard, but is there a time period in which they only consider players who are no longer actively playing regular events. And had they waited so long for Sampras expecting a comeback or something?

helloworld
07-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Who cares ? The hall of fame is just a joke. Even a one-slam-wonder can get into a hall of fame.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
07-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Who cares ? The hall of fame is just a joke. Even a one-slam-wonder can get into a hall of fame.

Well for those of us who have followed tennis since childhood, and love the game, it's at least interesting who at least THEY consider enough to put into this Hall of Fame even if we don't agree. It gives us something to talk about, doesn't it?

Wawa
07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I decline with helloword because if he really knew what tennis is he wasn't going to say hall of fame is just a joke!

VGP
07-14-2007, 07:14 AM
I'll defend the ITHOF and they do a good job paying homage to great players, past and present, plus great contributors to the sport. I'm glad that Russ Adams is being inducted today.

As for "one slam wonders" as you and other call them, players like those usually have stellar Davis/Fed/Wightman Cup records as players and coaches, and usually are great ambassadors of the sport in their respective countries.....

BTW, it's being televised on tape delay on TTC.

sureshs
07-14-2007, 10:35 AM
No I don't know, but I replied on this one because I thought immediately if Sampras is not in the Hall of Fame of Tennis (and I thought he must have been by now, I hadn't been keeping up directly, sorry) and others were from that era or near around, why hadn't he been inducted? I know there has to be a standard, but is there a time period in which they only consider players who are no longer actively playing regular events. And had they waited so long for Sampras expecting a comeback or something?

He has been inducted exactly 5 years after retirement, which is the rule.