PDA

View Full Version : Sampras, Hall Of Fame

pj80
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
anybody know which channel in the usa will broadcast this? And when....

Purostaff
07-14-2007, 06:14 AM
anybody know which channel in the usa will broadcast this? And when....

I'm watching him right right doing an interview on CNN Headline News channel.

herosol
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
bout time. such a great player.
makes me cry at times.

old_school_tennis
07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Did you guys see Pete's interview with Barry Mackay the day of his Hall of Fame induction? Wow. Pete never gave much away emotionally on the court--pretty stoic, pretty level-headed. This interview with Mackay was typical Pete in the beginning. He's very humble ("My career turned out pretty well"-type of thing) and respectful of today's greats (says Federer could win 7, 8, 9 Wimbledons).

But at the end when Mackay asks him his thoughts about Hall of Fame induction, emotions get the best of Pete and he can't answer the question! I've never seen Pete break down like this in an interview. I remember some emotional times for him on court (the US Open when Gully died) but never like this. Mackay himself is a bit stunned as he doesn't quite know what to say to Pete. Even appeared as though Mackay got choked up seeing Pete choked up. It was pretty extraordinary. I wish Pete all the best. The guy is a true class act.

I've posted the YouTube video on my blog (originally posted on YouTube by jsnapple).

old_school_tennis
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
bout time. such a great player.
makes me cry at times.
If Pete going to the HOF makes you cry, you're going to cry when you see him crying when talking about his induction! It's amazing. I've posted the video on my blog. It was originally put on YouTube by jsnapple.

psamp14
07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
did anyone see the exhibition play after the induction?

i just saw some pictures on yahoo sports and it was great to see sampras and laver together comparing racquets....sampras even played a a point with laver's woodie!

anyone know if he won the point?