PDA

View Full Version : big banger rough vs. power

TennisBoy
10-10-2004, 08:01 PM
i'm use to playing with the alu power, but have been curious on the performance of the textured version that federer uses. I heard it is less durable. I want to know everyone's opinion on it compared to the Alu power. For the lesser durability, is the playability better??

thanks for the advice.

Xevoius
10-11-2004, 10:35 AM
I think the only difference between the rough and the normal versions of the string in both the ALU and Original is that there are tiny little notches taken out of the string - the string does not really even feel rough at all. You could probably just assume that the durability is just under what you are used to.

I am playing with Original Rough right now and after about 4 hours on the court, the string in the middle of my racquet is worn so that the notches are gone and only smooth string exists.

If you are the type of player that cuts this type of string out of your frame for restringing, I would recommend trying the rough, otherwise you will probably end up playing with the normal version of the string after a few hours on the court anyway. I not noticed any change in the way thes strings react to the ball before or after the notches were worn out.