PDA

View Full Version : People are so tought on Nadal: give him a break?

iambt21
07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
It seems people are so mean to him... he just turned 21 recently ... i mean damn hes raellly good. I never really loved him, but ive read about him and he seeems like a really nice guy afterall.

His paints are very homosexual and his style, but whatever... maybe people sohuld appreciate his young skill more?

Swissv2
07-13-2007, 11:54 PM
trust me, he has enough "fanatical" fans in his corner.

brolycjw
07-14-2007, 03:04 AM
Nadal is a nice guy, no doubt about that. People are tough on him because he's the world no. 2 and his style of play is displeasing to the eye, contrasting with Federer's graceful all-court play. People are also tough on him because he's currently the only one who could bring the challenge to Federer, but yet he fails to prove his worth on hard courts. And of course, let's not forget the time-wasting on his serves and pant-pulling acts which puts him under constant ridicule.

Trust me, most of the fans who are devoted to one player are ********, and don't really like tennis.

Nadal_Freak
07-14-2007, 08:32 AM
His pants are not homosexual. Stop trolling. He is a nice guy and he owns Fed. :D

iambt21
07-14-2007, 08:35 AM
what does stop trolling mean???and yes those chinos that he wears are beyond gay

Nadal_Freak
07-14-2007, 08:36 AM
what does stop trolling mean???and yes those chinos that he wears are beyond gay
Just because you don't like what he wears doesn't mean it's gay. How old are you? 13?

BigServer1
07-14-2007, 09:01 AM
1) His pants are not homosexual. 2) Stop trolling. 3) He is a nice guy and 4) he owns Fed. :D

1) I agree
2) I agree
3) I agree
4) Not so much anymore...4 out of the last 6. This is a real rivalry.

betterer
07-14-2007, 10:18 AM
didn't nadal switch to his those pants to balance his overnight biceps enlargement?

Vision84
07-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't think he gets to much stick. Sure he seems like a nice guy off the court and I admire the way he works so hard on the court but I agree that his strokes aren't the most pleasing to the eye but that is not a good reason. I just don't like his outfits with muscle shirts and stupid pants. If you want to wear sleeveless shirts then stay in the gym or play basketball. The ATP should put in clothing rules. He also grunts almost as loud as the worst women. His time wasting is another issue. Sure he probably isn't doing it deliberately as a form of gamesmanship but that is besides the point.

lecter255
07-14-2007, 11:19 AM
nadal's strokes... brad gilbert's style, winning ugly? lol

i just dont' like how he takes forever to serve. i nkow a ton of other players do that too. they should really enforce the 20 second rule.

Hot Sauce
07-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Nadal_Freak is the definition of a troll.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

And yes, Nadal's pants are very lame.

gametime21
07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I don't think he gets to much stick. Sure he seems like a nice guy off the court and I admire the way he works so hard on the court but I agree that his strokes aren't the most pleasing to the eye but that is not a good reason. I just don't like his outfits with muscle shirts and stupid pants. If you want to wear sleeveless shirts then stay in the gym or play basketball. The ATP should put in clothing rules. He also grunts almost as loud as the worst women. His time wasting is another issue. Sure he probably isn't doing it deliberately as a form of gamesmanship but that is besides the point.

Man, get over it. Are you serious?! Stay in the gym!? He's the 2nd ranked tennis player! He can wear what ever the hell he wants! People don't like him because he's a little different then the norm. Agassi use to wear HOT PINK to stand out. Maybe he feels sleeves are constricting. So your saying 1/3 of all the tennis players should "stay in the gym or play basketball" because they want to wear sleeveless. Grow up and get over it.

tlm
07-14-2007, 02:27 PM
The people that dont like the mucsle shirts are usually the ones who couldnt were one because they are girly men with no arms.

The biggest reason he is not liked by far is, he has rained on the fed parade many times+ his frontrunner fans who think it is exciting when fed wins everytime to the usuall chokers cant stand to see someone who can challenge him.

pow
07-14-2007, 03:28 PM
If I can be #2 in the world in tennis, I don't care how ugly my strokes are nor what people think of my pants.

Nadal_Freak
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Nadal_Freak is the definition of a troll.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

And yes, Nadal's pants are very lame.
You call me a troll and than you make a troll comment. lol You are very funny.
If I can be #2 in the world in tennis, I don't care how ugly my strokes are nor what people think of my pants.
Nadal's strokes are pure genius. I love that forehand. I wish I could immitate that. Maybe the backhand isn't as smooth but so what.

arosen
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
People hate Nadal because he is all brute force, nothing graceful about the kid. But he is a true fighter, something that Federer is not. You could see Fed folding his mental tent at that wimby final, whining about the calls and all. Wimp.

Rodditha
07-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Nadal is such a disgrace to tennis because of his heterosexual pants and his butt picks and much more.lol.

tlm
07-14-2007, 07:08 PM
I dont know why people think his strokes are ugly.You dont have to look like a pretty boy to have good strokes, his forehand is unique but not ugly.Its pretty funny how people make fun of his forehand+ that is one of the main things that make him so deadly.

So all of you that dont like his strokes just remember that those ugly shots are making him millions of dollars.That forehand is what makes fed look bad many times, i havent seen to many of the textbook players have success against fed.Nadal is by far the best thing that has happened to the pro game in a long time.

anointedone
07-14-2007, 07:21 PM
People hate Nadal because he is all brute force, nothing graceful about the kid. But he is a true fighter, something that Federer is not. You could see Fed folding his mental tent at that wimby final, whining about the calls and all. Wimp.

You are right. Federer is a scared little girl in the heat of battle compared to Nadal.

superman1
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
He's a nice guy, but he's kind of stupid. And it's not because of the language barrier. He's just not very smart. "Grass is grass." He didn't answer half the questions on his latest blog because he didn't think they were relevant. You ask him what job he'd like to have if he wasn't a tennis player, and he'll tell you that he is a tennis player so it doesn't matter. Come on man, think out of the box. Have a little imagination.

But he's a nice guy.

anointedone
07-14-2007, 07:43 PM
He is a great talent, super hard worker, extremely good sportsmanship, very nice, friendly, and polite. Plus he is good looking and has personality. What more does anyone want. This kid gets a raw deal from anyone. Like tml said he is the best thing to happen to tennis since.....well I dont know since Becker or McEnroe maybe?

soggyramen
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
he's a good player but as a person i don't like him purely because if i had the opportunity to interview a rock or him i'd take the rock...he has terrible english but it's understandable since his native tounge is spanish

TheNatural
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
No matter what happens Nadal is going to get a tough time from fans particularly Fed fans because of his winning record vs Fed during Feds prime, and due to spanking Fed in 3 french Opens in a row.

iambt21
07-14-2007, 08:23 PM
He's a nice guy, but he's kind of stupid. And it's not because of the language barrier. He's just not very smart. "Grass is grass." He didn't answer half the questions on his latest blog because he didn't think they were relevant. You ask him what job he'd like to have if he wasn't a tennis player, and he'll tell you that he is a tennis player so it doesn't matter. Come on man, think out of the box. Have a little imagination.

But he's a nice guy.

i sort of like that response that he made. hes a tennnis player why talk about what life would be like if he was an astronaut or a doctor. he just wants to stay focused

iambt21
07-14-2007, 08:25 PM
You call me a troll and than you make a troll comment. lol You are very funny.

Nadal's strokes are pure genius. I love that forehand. I wish I could immitate that. Maybe the backhand isn't as smooth but so what.

its not so bad to post things to stir people up. Being a troll doesnt seem like such a bad thing.

tenis
07-14-2007, 08:28 PM
People are so tought on Nadal? Maybe he deserve it!

sondraj
07-14-2007, 09:24 PM
i sort of like that response that he made. hes a tennnis player why talk about what life would be like if he was an astronaut or a doctor. he just wants to stay focused

But he's a nice guy.

That's really because you know nothing about him, I don't want to break out a bunch of quotes from this kid. He is incredible smart and mature for his age, but you'd probably say that it was his publicists, so. What's the point, people will think what they will think.

superman1
07-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty damn sure he's stupid. He even admits he flunked everything in school, including PE. Incredibly smart for his age? Most people his age are in their 3rd year of college...

Besides, he doesn't need to be smart with talent and brawn like his. I'm just saying that even though he writes his blog in Spanish and has it translated, it's still boring as hell and he has no idea really how to be interesting at all. He just knows what he did that day, what he ate, and what movie he watched before he went to sleep. He doesn't describe the movie, he doesn't go on and on about how great the actors were, or how great that one scene was, he just gives us the name of the movie. Thanks, Rafa. You're brilliant!

jukka1970
07-14-2007, 11:03 PM
To be quite honest, I don't understand how anyone can't like him or Federer. Whether one thinks that one of them is cocky, or does things you don't like, does not make them horrible. Everyone has a right to an opinion on what things mean, but after having that opinion, just stop and think about what's happened in the last 3 years.

Try and Look at what these two have accomplished, and what they have brought to the sport. They in many ways are opposites, in what they do, etc. However it has brought a rivalry to tennis that in my opinion has boosted Tennis to another level. Both players have put up some serious records. I mean Nadals streak on clay is just insane, and he's never lost at the French Open, ever, not one match. That's pretty dang scary in itself. Federer's been to 9 straight grandslam finals, with the next closest being at 4.

Think back 2 years to the writings on even this board. Many thought Nadal wouldn't get into the second week at Wimbledon let alone the finals (and yes I was one of them. I love his game and spirit, I just didn't think he could adapt quick enough). Then this year, many thought he wouldn't repeat last years performance because the competition was tougher (his draw was tougher) and that was true, even the sportscasters were saying that. And he makes it to the finals again.

I can understand that people have their favorites, I love them both, but admit I like Federer more. However at some point I can't wait for Nadal to start hoisting the other trophies. It's just tough to root against one or the other. It's one thing to voice some support for a player, and that's a good thing. But calling the other player lousy just because you don't like them dominating is ridiculous. And lets face it, these two have certainly been dominating. Nadal maybe a little less as he still hasn't quite made it at to the finals at the US open or Aussie Open, but it won't be long.

Jukka

helloworld
07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty damn sure he's stupid. He even admits he flunked everything in school, including PE. Incredibly smart for his age? Most people his age are in their 3rd year of college...

Besides, he doesn't need to be smart with talent and brawn like his. I'm just saying that even though he writes his blog in Spanish and has it translated, it's still boring as hell and he has no idea really how to be interesting at all. He just knows what he did that day, what he ate, and what movie he watched before he went to sleep. He doesn't describe the movie, he doesn't go on and on about how great the actors were, or how great that one scene was, he just gives us the name of the movie. Thanks, Rafa. You're brilliant!

I disagree, but I'm pretty damn sure you're the stupid one. ;)

Nadal_Freak
07-14-2007, 11:22 PM

Yeah since Rafa is inspired to type about a movie he watched. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure he wanted to keep it nice and simple as his main focus was his match. Not writing a blog story.

gugarafa
07-16-2007, 12:57 AM

Why the hell do you read his blog then?

Stupidity arises due to the inability to cover up your weaknesses by maximising your strenghths,not everyone was born to be academic geniuses,but evry'one's got a talent...atleast he's using his.