PDA

View Full Version : Roddick or Hewitt ever beating Nadal again?

anointedone
07-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Does anyone think Roddick or Hewitt will ever beat Nadal head to head in a match again? I highly doubt it. There chances are so close to nothing on any surface now that I cant see it happening.

keithchircop
07-14-2007, 12:39 PM
that's like saying only federer and djokovic can ever win a match against nadal.

Nadal_Freak
07-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Probably not but if they play on fast hardcourts than they have a shot.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
07-14-2007, 02:49 PM
This is tennis, stranger things has happened in the past, but I think they both will beat him in the future.

BigServer1
07-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I think they will both beat him in the future. On a hard court they have the best chance, but they would never be favored against him. I think Roddick would have a better chance on a fast court due to his serve, Hewitt on a slower hard court because of his defensive abilities. I don't think they would beat him often, but once is definitely possible.

fps
07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I voted Roddick but not Hewitt. Even though I'm a Hewitt fan, I don't see how he can hurt Nadal. Nadal is better at what Hewitt's good at- defence hard running, great competitivity on every point- and has added in great variety and the ability to crack winners.

Roddick on a fast court, and possibly on grass, may still have a chance because of that big serve (i know, kinduva given right?) and his aggression.

Zets147
07-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I think Hewitt can, not so much Roddick though

anointedone
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Interesting votes so far:

4 for Hewitt yes, Roddick no.
4 for Roddick yes, Hewitt no.
6 for neither beating him ever again
6 for both beating him again

So for both guys you half, 10 out of 20, voting that that guy-Roddick or Hewitt, will beat Nadal again, 10 voting never again for each guy.

anointedone
07-14-2007, 03:47 PM
that's like saying only federer and djokovic can ever win a match against nadal.

Not really. There are many players with more potential to beat Nadal in the future higher then Hewitt or Roddick have, despite Roddicks current official #4 ranking. As for Hewitt, he isnt even ranked in the top 10 and hasnt been for awhile.

quest01
07-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I think both Hewitt and Roddick can beat Nadal again. Both these players could beat Nadal on a fast hard court in my opinion.