PDA

View Full Version : Federer seems to have a soft spot for Gasquet

david22
07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Federer just after his win against Gasquet last week.

Q. How conscious were you of Gasquet's foot problems? How much did you try to work him out?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't feel it too much, to be honest. I knew he had to be tired, no doubt. You see him warming up, just walking around in the dressing room and he's hurting to tie his shoes.
Once the body gets warm sometimes you don't feel those problems. I knew the danger. I think he played actually pretty good under the circumstances.
Now, maybe he let his head hang a little bit, which is maybe also a bit normal, being physically in a tough position playing against me, being down a set and a break. It's not an easy situation for him.

I think he played a phenomenal match yesterday. I enjoyed it so much, to see him play that way. He had over 80 winners. That is just incredible tennis. You saw some shots again today.

I really hope he's going to be at the very top of the rankings soon.

he really likes him(certainly more than Djokovic! :mrgreen:) .....he even said once that he reminded him when he was younger!

anointedone
07-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Are you some Gasquet fanboy or something. All your posts seem to be about him.

david22
07-14-2007, 11:24 AM

nope,my favourite player is Safin.....but i must admit that i like Gasquet's style of play ;)

Bhagi Katbamna
07-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I like his style of play as well. Unfortunately, he hasn't been on the past few years.

anointedone
07-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I like his style of play as well. Unfortunately, he hasn't been on the past few years.

I dont know why you say that. He is continuing his gradual ascent in the rankings. His results are as good as ever over the last year. He is as "on" as he has ever been.

krprunitennis2
07-14-2007, 01:03 PM
=] he's the talk of my school after he beat Roddick. xD everyone was talking about how cool his backhand is.

^^ me too

TheNatural
07-14-2007, 01:26 PM
pity Gasquet was injured vs Fed

Bertie B
07-14-2007, 01:41 PM
It's astrological.

Federer also says Lleyton Hewitt is his favorite opponent. What does Hewitt and Gasquet has in common? Both guys have their moon sign in Scorpio. And what's Federer's moon sign?...wait for it...Scorpio. Coincidence? Perhaps.

Now what's a moon sign? Much like your sun sign the moon was also passing through a constellation at the time of your birth. Among other things (superstition & what not), the sun is said represent your individuality, while the moon is said to represent your emotional nature and the things that make you feel most comfortable.

Generally speaking, people with the same moon signs vibrate on the same emotional wavelength. Friendships are instantaneous and easy.

35ft6
07-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Roger has said Gasquet is his favorite player to watch.

anointedone
07-14-2007, 03:04 PM
nope,my favourite player is Safin.....but i must admit that i like Gasquet's style of play ;)

Awww ok. :p

vive le beau jeu !
07-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Federer just after his win against Gasquet last week.

he really likes him(certainly more than Djokovic! :mrgreen:) .....he even said once that he reminded him when he was younger!
that was a really nice comment about richard from roger...
i remember he also said very nice things about marcos on another occasion. :)
and with djokovic, i think their little problem is over and forgotten... ;)

Fedace
07-14-2007, 04:24 PM

He seem to like that very spoiled kind of weird french boy. ;)

Feņa14
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
I thought Gasquet had a bit of a thing with Golovin a while back?

But anyway yeah, fantastic player to watch. I hope he can get things together mentally sooner rather than later.

TENNIS_99
07-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Did Federer or someone else sometime ago said Gasquet reminds him of a young Federer?