PDA

View Full Version : LaserFibre Supreme Users

longbody
03-16-2004, 06:21 AM
I have been using LaserFibre Supreme 16 strung at 60 lbs. on my Chang Graphite OS and TT Graphite MP racquets.

Can anyone tell me how the Supreme 17 gauge version differs from the 16 gauge in both durability and feel?

And are there any other LaserFibre strings you've used that have similar durability to Supreme 16 but are softer feeling?

rocky b
03-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I did use the 17g of the supreme but found the 16 gave me more control and topspin. I tried the phenom it broke in 2 hours of light hitting. I did not like the feel. I have tried every string but I always come back to the supreme. The only other one I liked as much was the Babolat Brio but still had more control with the supreme. The 16 can last for weeks and I hit with alot of spin.

Jerry Seinfeld
03-17-2004, 05:18 AM
The LF Phenom 16 gauge is softer and more durable than the LF Supreme. I have several customers who have gone ga-ga over this string. Most who have hit with it love it. Then again, as with everything, what feels good to some does not feel good to others. Rocky B. didn't care for it. It is definitely not as crisp as Supreme, but it is softer and more durable, two characteristics you are seeking.

Good luck.