PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex 5G Hybrids For Extreme Arm Comfort

catcat
10-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Looking for elbow comfort with the possible use of Bow Brand 16g in the mains and Gosen Micro 16g in the crosses. I'm thinking of stringing 50 in the mains and the crosses at 46. Would I get any benefit from the gut or should I just string the racket with the Gosen? Arm comfort is my only concern.

Jerry Seinfeld
10-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Gut is the best on the market for tennis elbow. The hybrid you are considering will bring the cost down for you as well.

As far as tension, many of my customers who have had elbow issues have switched to proportional stringing with much success. I highly recommend this method for those suffering from elbow pain.

Steve Huff
10-11-2004, 06:28 PM
If you're going to use the Gosen OG Micro, I'd go with the 17g. It's better than the 16g, both in durability and playability. But, you might want to try Prince Power Play 17. It's the same as the old Prince Synthetic Soft. Great string for the crosses.

NoBadMojo
10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
i think it is important to pick a string that holds its tension pretty well for the cross string of a gut hybrid and also one that plays crisply like gut. to that end i would not suggest prince soft or even the regular prince synthetic, but would go with the duraflex or the og sheep, or the og sheep jc for something even crisper