PDA

View Full Version : Day before the match

Ali Abdullah
07-15-2007, 05:41 AM
What should you do one day before a match?As in eat,drink,play tennis or not,sprints or not?etc etc

Bodacious DVT
07-15-2007, 06:41 AM
eat lots of whole grains and proteins. try to avoid large amounts of sugar. potassium would also be good.

drink plenty of water/milk/OJ. avoid pop, carbonated beverages, and energy drinks.

If its a big match/tournament, i wouldnt play tennis. If you do, dont push yourself too hard. you dont want to be sore when you play.

i wouldnt recommend doing sprints for the same reason as above.

also, i would recommend stretching alot. get your body loose and flexible. Get alot of sleep too.

lakis92
07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Proteins won't do much.
First you have to consume a big amount of carbs. Not only the day before the match but the previous one as well. Include more salt and if it's gonna be a tough match I'd play just an hour to be sure about my groundstrokes and don't let my muscles loose.Drink as much water you can. Don't do sprints as it's gonna cause your legs to hurt.The night before get your bag and everything you need ready and make sure you have everything you need with you.
A few minutes before getting on court, listen to some music to get pumped up and try to control your stress. I'd eat an energy gel to have enough energy during the match.And try to keep it off your mind until you get on court.

Urza187
07-15-2007, 02:14 PM
A good nights sleep is the most important thing you can do. Make sure you wake up at least 3 hours before you play otherwise you aren't at your optimal performance.

Proteins won't do much.
A few minutes before getting on court, listen to some music to get pumped up and try to control your stress. And try to keep it off your mind until you get on court.

I've done this is the past couple years is listen to my ipod. Motivational music if you ask me. Whatever gets you going. I'm a techno buff so I listen to some techno(not trance in this occasion) at first and then slow it down to a few songs like Eye of the Tiger(OBVIOUSLY:D ) It's definitely helped me.

Ali Abdullah
07-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks (lalalala)

johnny ballgame
07-16-2007, 06:27 AM
I try to find someone to hit with for ~20 minutes, including a few serves. It's usually difficult to find someone willing to hit for such a short time period. When the guy wants to hit for at least 45 minutes, I'll accomodate... but I don't run for wide balls or droppers ;).

Other than that I don't exercise at all the day before. I will try to stretch a good bit after the hit.

lakis92
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Try to rest and just do some serves. A proper strech after will help a lot too.

TonLars
07-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I've done this is the past couple years is listen to my ipod. Motivational music if you ask me. Whatever gets you going. I'm a techno buff so I listen to some techno(not trance in this occasion) at first and then slow it down to a few songs like Eye of the Tiger(OBVIOUSLY:D ) It's definitely helped me.

sweet:grin: thats what I basically do too

dunlopfan
07-21-2007, 05:43 PM
If I know I'm going to play the next day I make sure that I drink a lot of water and try to take it easy so I'll be rested for the next day.