PDA

View Full Version : Cheap string for Estusa?

a529612
10-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Any recommendations for PBP? I like string with crisp feel and predictable power. Is Prince Synthetic Gut a safe bet for this racquet?

bcaz
10-13-2004, 11:21 PM
No one has stepped in, so I will give it a shot. I play the PBB, not the PBP, but they are similar. I tend to use relatively expensive strings like nat gut or LasFibre multi, but I have used Gosen OG Sheep Super Micro 17g in hybrids with good results and I firmly believe it would play pretty well by itself and I may try that one of these days. The Super is about a buck more than the regular OG Sheep Micro, which has received good comments on this board. Another possibility is the Prince syn gut with duraflex, which is stiffer and more durable than regular Prince syn gut. For a little more dough, Dunlop Max Comfort has gotten good reviews (I've never used it), and I have used Prince Sweet Perfection, which may play well in a PBP. Another possibility is Apha Gut 2000. I have some but haven't used any yet. It is supposed to be a soft, playable string for the money.

Avoid poly in the Estusas. Bad idea.

hankster
10-15-2004, 07:58 AM
I have used Dunlop Max Comfort-17g- and liked it, though it only lasted about 15-20 sets. I am now playing with a hybrid--Gamma TNT Fusion Plus 19g, which I like as well and it seems to be lasting longer despite the thinner crosses. I would caution against going too high on the tension. The midpoint--60--seems just about right to me.
Hanster