PDA

View Full Version : salty sweat!

nanni
07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
just finished my run this morning and felt that my sweat is very salty today and also a pungent acidic smell!:confused:not experienced this often.
does this indicate anything?dehydration or some other change?

CanadianChic
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
You taste your sweat?? :confused:

TheShaun
07-16-2007, 10:00 PM
congrats, your pregnant!!!!! j/k :)

as far as i know, sweat is always salty. and my sweat only has a bad smell when i wear tech fiber shirts. maybe it's something you ate?

punch
07-16-2007, 10:49 PM
as far as i know, sweat is always salty. and my sweat only has a bad smell when i wear tech fiber shirts.

bingo, same thing happens to me.

salty sweat is normal ~

Court_Jester
07-17-2007, 02:01 AM
I'd be worried if my sweat were not salty.

lakis92
07-17-2007, 04:12 AM
It's salty because you have lost much sodium. If I were you I'd eat more salt in the next meal...

Mr. Sean
07-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Happens to me as well. I have salt on my skin when all the water evaporates. Kind of weird. Very important to stay hydrated during and after a match if you sweat like this.

LuckyR
07-17-2007, 11:26 AM
There are differences in the saltiness of sweat that can dramatically alter your approach to summer tennis. However you are either a salt sparing or losing person (but that would be a genetic thing that would be with you every day of your life) and the OP commented on his sweat being different one day.

nswelshman
07-17-2007, 12:01 PM
pungent acidic smell dont sound too good.....

stevekim8
07-22-2007, 06:51 PM
i saw this on the tv, and they said that if you take green tea bath couple of times, when you sweat, you won't smell bad.

in a hot tub, you put 5~6 grean tea thing (you know, the thing you drop in your tea, those things contained in a pack) and let it stay for 5 minutes, then you go in and take a bath for about 40 minutes
but it has to be HOT tub, or else the green tea thing won't activate.

Bodacious DVT
07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
i saw this on the tv, and they said that if you take green tea bath couple of times, when you sweat, you won't smell bad.

in a hot tub, you put 5~6 grean tea thing (you know, the thing you drop in your tea, those things contained in a pack) and let it stay for 5 minutes, then you go in and take a bath for about 40 minutes
but it has to be HOT tub, or else the green tea thing won't activate.

really? i assume you would shower the green tea off of you afterwards? thats is so bizarre.

armand
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM

but it has to be HOT tub, or else the green tea thing won't activate.no don't do it; women get turned on by the smell of sweat, it's proven.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17045070/

CanadianChic
07-22-2007, 07:50 PM
I can't disagree with this link Armand, but do want to point out to the guys that there is a huge difference between the scent of clean sweat as opposed to body odour. ;)

I am happy to see the hard working researchers at the University of California at Berkeley are spending that grant money on such an important study as opposed to...oh, I don't know...AIDS or Cancer research.

armand
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
I can't disagree with this link Armand, but do want to point out to the guys that there is a huge difference between the scent of clean sweat as opposed to body odour. ;)Totally, it has to be fresh, you gotta come straight off the court to dreamwoman.
I am happy to see the hard working researchers at the University of California at Berkeley are spending that grant money on such an important study as opposed to...oh, I don't know...AIDS or Cancer research.I am happy too.

QuietDaze
07-23-2007, 10:30 AM
I can't disagree with this link Armand, but do want to point out to the guys that there is a huge difference between the scent of clean sweat as opposed to body odour. ;)

I am happy to see the hard working researchers at the University of California at Berkeley are spending that grant money on such an important study as opposed to...oh, I don't know...AIDS or Cancer research.

CanadianChic I too find myself wondering why we spend millions on something that could be resolved by a simple survay. Some men don't understand the difference between sweaty and funky. I believe they think it's all the same *sigh*

****Men pay attention please****

1-light sweat on clean body = attractive (good)
2-all day or dried sweat = funky (bad)
3-just mowed the grass sweat = attractive (good)
4-just played 3 hours of tennis = funky (bad)
5-change the oil on my car sweat = attractive (good)
6-working out at the gym sweat = funky (bad)

QuietDaze
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Happens to me as well. I have salt on my skin when all the water evaporates. Kind of weird. Very important to stay hydrated during and after a match if you sweat like this.

Me too. I try to drink plenty of water before, during and after playing but I still get that salty film. I would love to know how to stop it. I'm figuring I ingest way too much salt.

Gram Parsons
07-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Its not that weird. When we sweat, we also secrete sodium chloride.

This is normal for everyone. Its not because you are eating too much salt.
In fact, if you sweat after sports, it's a good idea to drink water and replace lost salts, which our body needs.

I know the UK government guideline for salt intake is 6 grams a day. This can be monitored by reading food labels, and checking how much you add to food.

If you have been excersising and sweating a lot, its probably a good idea to top up the salt a little bit more.

Bodacious DVT
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
no don't do it; women get turned on by the smell of sweat, it's proven.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17045070/

ive actually heard this before.

women are attracted to men with similar body oders. A study was done. i think i saw this on animal planet.