PDA

View Full Version : Touch Turbo 1.25 elbow friendly?

tomgavin
10-12-2004, 02:54 PM
This string certainly has good pop and pretty good feel, but it seems like my elbow is sore after using this. I'm waiting on getting mty ordered strings frm TW, including the Gosen JC 16, the Ashaway Monogut and the Babolat Hurricane 17. I'm feeling like I need a softer feel, without sacrificing the power. Any suggestions?

steve s
10-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Turbo Touch is as soft as a poly will get. Rab monoflex is good and soft also . I would guess your tension was too high.

prince
10-12-2004, 07:22 PM
stay away while you still can ........... before it is too late.........

Hyperstate
10-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Touch Turbo is verrry soft for a poly. I used to play with TT on the Diablo MP @ 64 lbs, which still feels soft to me. Elbows felt slightly sore after court time.

I do hit hard shots but I blame it on the racquet's very headlight balance. Have added lots of lead tape at the 3 and 9 positions, and the butt cap, which seems to have alleviated the problem. Weight training helped too.

Gaines Hillix
10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
TT and Hurricane are similar. The JC 16 should be softer, but its still pretty stiff as syn guts go. All of these strings are on the stiff side of the scale. You might want to try a hybrid with one of these with a softer string like TF E-matrix and see if that helps your elbow problem. You didn't mention which racquet you are using. It could be a contributing factor too.

tomgavin
10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
thanks, I'm using the Diablo MP, which I'm playing as well as I ever have with. The head lightness could be a factor, as mentioned, but I'll take your advice on strings. Thanks.