PDA

View Full Version : Prince Diablo Mid:

ferrari_827
10-13-2004, 10:33 AM
I played with a demo of the Prince Diablo Mid a few weeks ago, and what is most surprising about this racket is the seemingly low swingweight for a 12oz racket. I thought maybe this demo was abnormally light, but others have said the same thing.

Anyway, the Diablo mid had good power, and is a real spin machine. The curve trajectory of my shots was higher (more topspin) and more parabolic. It seemed the Diablo is better suited for topspinners, and less for flatter, penetrating shots. Overall though, I didn't get the same solid feeling or control as the Prestige or Yonex MP1. At the net, the Diablo was definitely not as good.

I think the racket would be better with an 18x20 string pattern, but then it wouldn't be a Prince would it ? On the plus side, this racket is much better than the POG mid, which felt terrible when i tested it.

ontherise17
10-15-2004, 11:43 AM
i play with a diablo mid and i love it i do agree with a few things u said...at net it feels liek a brick sometimes...i was actually having a problem with creating topspin tho..i hit much better flat shots with this racquet....the only thing i have a problem with is my two hander is not as good i dunno i think its the handle but i cant get over the ball with my 2hander sometimes..ive learned to handle it tho 8)

Redflea
10-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Between the Diablo Mid and Mid Plus I actually found the Mid Plus to be superior...same comment on the Mid feeling a bit brickish in some cases and not consistently as solid as I'd like.

The Diablo Mid Plus had a problem w/an overall numb feeling that left me wondering where the ball was going to go. Fun to hit with, but in the end not confidence inspiring.

Of all the recent Prince racquets I've tried I believe that the NXG Tour has the best overall attributes, and would choose it if I had to pick between the two models.

tomgavin
10-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I have found the Diablo MP, with 2 grams of lead tape at 9 and 3 is the best racket I've ever played with. It's more maneuverable than the mid, has better touch and feel and is a superb volleying racket. The thin beam, the slighlty extra length, the 100 square inches (105 or 107 for me is too much--98 is fine but 100 is also fine). The head lightness allows me to hit tremendous top spin on groundstrokes and great racket speed for big serves.

I hit with the Mid and liked it--but find is less appealing than the MP. Personally, I didn't like the feel of the NXG.