PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad?

chaudryoma
07-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey.
I play tennis and im not a guy who usually does a slice forehand, but i guess i did and now my finger part is kinda injured.
Here lol could find this :D
http://www.dh.aist.go.jp/research/centered/dhand-link2/boneandlink.gif
Im injured at the MP part, on the index finger. I THINK its the bones but it may somehow not be. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesnt. Like if i play tennis on the morning, it may hurt in the first right hand hit, than it gets used to it. This is here for maby 2-4 months now i think. Anyone know the problem,amount of damage, and what to do to fix it? And no im not gonna stop playing tennis for a while to stop it unless its REALLY CRITICAL ;)
thanks!

jaredknight
07-21-2007, 12:53 PM
it might have to do with how old you are if your older this happens

C_Urala
07-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey.
I play tennis and im not a guy who usually does a slice forehand, but i guess i did and now my finger part is kinda injured.
Here lol could find this :D
http://www.dh.aist.go.jp/research/centered/dhand-link2/boneandlink.gif
Im injured at the MP part, on the index finger. I THINK its the bones but it may somehow not be. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesnt. Like if i play tennis on the morning, it may hurt in the first right hand hit, than it gets used to it. This is here for maby 2-4 months now i think. Anyone know the problem,amount of damage, and what to do to fix it? And no im not gonna stop playing tennis for a while to stop it unless its REALLY CRITICAL ;)
thanks!

I'd suggest to massage the hurt region before the game to warm up it (do the same with some ben-gay-like ointment before you go to bed . During the game, find the shot which is most painful and avoid it ( or maybe adjust your grip) Maybe, if you change the overgrip for a new one, you will not have to hold the racket too strongly and this will diminish the stress on this region...

chaudryoma
08-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Im 14
I see, but as u said i dont even hold my racquet hard so it might be cuz i hold it too lightly ? Since im holding it lightly than when a tricky shot comes than i hit it , it pushes that part of my hand hard . I do a bit massage before i begin, but it doesnt really help. It hurts hard(not that hard, but more than normal) when i begin playing, then it kinda stops hurting. (its mostly like i hit and my hand hurts "hard", after the "hard" hurt it stops hurting)
Thnx tho ill try, but it doesnt hurt that much, i just dont want it to become worser and change to a awful problem.