PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Elbow Q's

Duzza
07-22-2007, 03:27 AM
So I started using the Pure Control, stiffness 70. So I may be asking for it, but my elbow is sometimes hurting, more so off the court (typing sometimes, reaching for things, writing for periods of time) and on slice backhands.

I DON'T think it is TE, because I've read that TE starts out as a pain in the wrist that moves up along the arm, and hurts on the sides of the elbow, which this doesn't...

If it gets any worse, I will probably see a physio, but I'm just trying to take some prelim. precautions.

esm
07-22-2007, 04:12 AM
TE doesnt always have to started from the wrist. i have had NO wrist pain when having a TE (quite a painful one at that...)
I have almost over came my TE... it took me just over 2 months of nursing and rest (ie. no tennis what-so-ever & be very slow on doing things etc).

Duzza
07-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks...I'm a little worried...I don't want to do any major damage at 17....

esm
07-22-2007, 04:38 AM
see a doc/physio and see the extend of damage first. if it is at an early stage, it shouldnt take too long to recover.
a TE band actually helps.
what string and tension are you using on the Bab?

Marius_Hancu
07-22-2007, 04:46 AM
If having such problems at 17, forget about BB.
Do you want me to say that again?
Try some Volkls or Heads, perhaps.

But first change strings, to multis, strung lower, even if this costs you more.

Duzza
07-22-2007, 04:56 AM
BB? As in Big Banger? OK Marius, I will. I play fine with low cost strings anyway. Not sure about Multis.

Thanks for the advice, my steps were going to be:

Change strings
Mix around with some lead tape placement
Change racquet...I don't think it will get that far.

How about a softer poly? I usually use SPPP and feel comfortable with it.

ollinger
07-22-2007, 06:15 AM
The symptoms you describe are typical of TE; soreness when writing is especially characteristic. Symptoms certainly do not typically begin in the wrist. You need to make some major changes in equipment, at the very least.

Lionheart
07-22-2007, 06:28 AM
i had it, it started with a little pain in the arm when serving, then i stopped for some days but the pain was still growing, it extended from the elbow to the shoulder and i couldnt elevate my arm and it hurts even when not doing anything, then i went to see a doctor, they gave me an injection cause my arm was going crazy ( it was supposed to relax the muscles) and 5 days after i could play with almost no limitations, but i would recommend you to rest for 2 weeks