PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the lemonade diet?

ustatennisrulessuck
07-23-2007, 08:54 AM
I have been reading about this dextoxifying fast and am intrigued! Has anyone tried it? any results would be greatly appreciated.

M1KE
07-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I remember reading about drinking a mixture of water, lemon juice, and blackstrap molasses for detoxifying, but I tried it and could not stand the disgusting taste of blackstrap molasses.

Gram Parsons
07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I think Beyonce did something similar but with maple syrup.

But enough of Beyonce and maple syrup.

drhopz
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM

lol... there will never be enough of beyonce and maple syrup. Continue captain...

Phil
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I have been reading about this dextoxifying fast and am intrigued! Has anyone tried it? any results would be greatly appreciated.

You gotta be kidding me. Tell you what, go BUY this, try it for a year, and then come back and let us know how it's worked. Be the TWTT's official Beta "diet" tester.

The Gorilla
07-23-2007, 06:18 PM
what, you mean stop eating?

IceNineTX
07-24-2007, 04:50 AM
My wife tried it and lasted about a day. It's funny how the body requires, you know, real food to survive?

There was some drink with this or maybe a modified lemonade diet that was
basically a tea made from dark maple syrup, lemon juice (freshly squeezed),
water, and for the kicker, as much cayenne pepper as you can stand. I
thought it was nuts, but actually is great for waking you up and clearing your
sinuses. That's about the only redeeming thing I have found with that.

As for detox, if you are really into it, you might look at The Raw Food Detox
Diet books. It at least consists of real food and doesn't seem to be as much of a fad thing.

jpc

Cindysphinx
07-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Diets are for people who gain weight.

Pleepers
07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Detox is really a process of time. There are certain vitamins and minerals that help contribute to the process, but a lot of it is enzyme mediated. A well balanced diet with plenty of water is better than some crazed all-lemon binge.

AAAA
07-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Diets are for people who don't have the willpower and commitment to eat healthily and exercise.

Frenchie
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Store-bought lemonade is loaded with sugar.

johnny ballgame
07-25-2007, 05:23 PM
lol... there will never be enough of beyonce and maple syrup. Continue captain...

Yes, we are waiting sir Parsons. More Beyonce with maple syrup please.

Bodacious DVT
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
these "detoxification diets" are horrible.

feed your body the right way and you wont have to "detoxify" by only consuming grapefruit/lemonade for a week. simply start eating healthy and your body will naturally detoxify itself.

a friend of mine tried the grapefruit diet. said that it was one of the worst decisions she's ever made in her life. her body began to react to the lack of vital nutrients that it needs to funtion properly.

what ever happened to the "eat-properly-and-dont-cram-your-face-full-of-crap" diet?

Starlite
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
To answer the OP, try increasing the amount of fruits/vegetables in your diet and drink more water or fruit juice instead of sodas or other sugary drinks for a healthier lifestyle. Also, pure "detox" can be dangerous (example above), so you might want to rethink this.

what ever happened to the "eat-properly-and-dont-cram-your-face-full-of-crap" diet?
Unfortunately most people are on the "eat-and-cram-your-face-full-of-crap" diet.

coloskier
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Lemonade (the real stuff) cleans out both the gall bladder (softens stones so they can pass) and the liver. I found out too late about it. Had surgery to remove my gall bladder two weeks ago. But the surgery has quick recovery time. I am already back into matches.

Jonny S&V
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM

I drink lemonade in place of soda, but I wouldn't call it a diet (soda free for 8 months and counting :-D ).

Puredrivetennis
07-26-2007, 08:18 PM

Best