PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Brace Advice

parappa
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I have some problems about my ankles,i want to buy some ankle brace from mueller ( in our local area, i can find only this brand),Could you please tell me which ankle brace from mueller's product is better for tennis.Thanks

T.O.5.0
07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I also am looking for advise about the Mueller ankle braces, or supports. There are about a dozen kinds just from this company. Does anyone know which one is the best for tennis. I think Hewitt wears them, but which ones?

TennisRackit
07-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I've tried the Ankle Brace that Andy Murray is using and really is the best thing I've found for tennis. Check out the Aircast A60 as a real nice option.
I googled it and found http://www.betterbraces.com/ViewProducts/AircastA60AnkleSupport/168.aspx

tennistim777
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I have some problems about my ankles,i want to buy some ankle brace from mueller ( in our local area, i can find only this brand),Could you please tell me which ankle brace from mueller's product is better for tennis.Thanks

I swear buy McDavid ankle braces. They carry them at The Sports Authority and since I've been wearing them I haven't rolled my ankle once. Do a google search for their website to get other dealers or order it online. I paid like $15/$20. I highly recommend McDavid. I hope this helps. Good luck!!

TENNIS_99
07-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I had been troubled by ankle injury since I was very young. But I simply did not take it seriously enough. When it became really bad a few years ago, the most I did was to have some accupuncture sessions and bought some cheap braces. And the most I got from them was just preventing a surgery( which might not be bad considering how bad i was taking care myself physically).

Last year,I was recommended by a friend to buy a pair of better tennis shoes - barricade II. I was so surprised it protect my ankle so well, I wear two pair of socks and play on clay as much as I can. But my ankle feels so pretected inside the shoes that I don't feel the same pain for almost a year. So if you haven't tried experimenting tennis shoes with good ankle support, you should give it a thought first.