PDA

View Full Version : Senior Quote help!!

ibemadskillzz
10-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Hello,
I'm a senior at high school. I need a senior quote for the yearbook. Does anyone know a good quote, awesome, or a cool quote, or something to show off. I don't need quotes about tennis. Just a cool quote. thanks

aceindahole2K5
10-14-2004, 02:01 PM
your defenition of cool is probably way different from mine but, i recommend you think about whatever you put in pretty hard, so that 20 years down the road you dont regret it horribly. My favorite quote, Henry David Thoreau, "What lies before us and what lies behind us are trivial in comparison to what lies within us.".........see sig for a much funnier quote

Max G.
10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
"Tennis is the perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere or total tranquility" - Billie Jean King.

ibemadskillzz
10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
I found a funny quote. You think people will laugh? "With a love that will echo through ages." What do you think? MaX, I said not relating to tennis. jeez

Max G.
10-14-2004, 04:10 PM
I found a funny quote. You think people will laugh? "With a love that will echo through ages." What do you think? MaX, I said not relating to tennis. jeez

...oh, whoops, not relating to tennis? Heh, I figured that since you posted it on a tennis message board then you'd accept quotes about tennis...

"Today I break racquets for tomorrow we die." - Marat Safin

"Those who say 'It doesn't matter whether you win or lose', probably lost." - Martina Navratilova

"I am who I am, and he's happy being a Hippo" - Marat Safin

There's lots of awesome tennis quotes, from amusing to silly to WTF! : )

tennis-n-sc
10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
"I am not advocating sex, drugs, alcohol, and rock and roll; but, hey, it worked for me"

perfmode
10-14-2004, 05:49 PM

...oh, whoops, not relating to tennis? Heh, I figured that since you posted it on a tennis message board then you'd accept quotes about tennis...

"Today I break racquets for tomorrow we die." - Marat Safin

"Those who say 'It doesn't matter whether you win or lose', probably lost." - Martina Navratilova

"I am who I am, and he's happy being a Hippo" - Marat Safin

There's lots of awesome tennis quotes, from amusing to silly to WTF! : )

I'm loving the Safin quotes. You got some more?

Phil
10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Do not quote a tennis player and don't use a quote that someone else suggests you use. It's a personal thing and if you cannot think of a quote then don't put one in. Otherwise, like another poster said, people going through their yearbook 20 years from now will look at your picture and the drek underneath it and think, "Gee, what a MO-ron that guy was."

Sacco
10-14-2004, 06:33 PM
I agree with Phil on the first part, choose your own quote that means something personal to you. Period. :D

But who cares about what people think in 20 years-- with over-population and so on and so on, if someone is still thinking about High School in 20 years, they're the one with the problem.

If you avoid all that advise... think about...

"Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music and Music is THE BEST."
-Frank Zappa

ibemadskillzz
10-14-2004, 06:56 PM
MAx, nice quotes I like them. I need more of the Silly to WTF funny ones. Put some more, I don't want tennis quotes, few is okay, but I need more normal funny quotes. thanks

chad shaver
10-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Don't know if I would trust the words of a man who named his daughter "Moon Unit". :)

Brian Purdie
10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
a few odd quotes I am reminded by day in and day out. They may help you think of some of your own odd stupid things that keep you:

you may not remember me, but your girlfriend does - anon.

bodies are for hookers and fat people -Bender

you are either with us, or you are with the terrorists -43

always bet on black -wesley snipes, passenger 57

McEnroe never did his homework all the way through his great years -richard evans (sportswriter)

i'm a rocketman -elton john

i only wish people knew how hard i worked -pete sampras

Mr. and Mrs. Simpson, Bart has transcended incorrigible -Principal skinner

Max G.
10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Well, I only have tennis quotes...

/-:

Here's a couple more that I like.

"I think I said I would put on a skirt if I dropped serve again."- Tim Henman

" I felt like pulling my pants down. What's bad about it?"-Marat Safin

"Last year, I lost to his brother, this year I lose to him, next year, maybe I can win against his sister." - Goran Ivanisevic, after losing to Patrick McEnroe at the Lipton Championships, 1993

"Hopefully I don't get mad-cow disease. ... maybe I've got it already. Who knows? I'm still alive."-Goran Ivanisevic

"Be lucky, guess the corner, close your eyes and hope there is a God. You have to be a little religious to break his serve." -Magnus Larsson (on the key to breaking the Pete Sampras serve)

"I am going to miss everything, the guys, serving aces on 15-40, 30-40, talking to the umpire sometimes good, sometimes bad, watching the Teletubbies."-Goran Ivanisevic (on playing his final match at Wimbledon)

I collected them from random places on the internet, and can't personally vouch for their authenticity, nor do I take any credit for them; they seemed like respsectable enough sites at the time, though I don't have them recorded.

Here's an orginal quote from one of my friends - not a silly one.

"The best things in life aren't free. They just don't cost any money." - K. Yan

Power Game
10-14-2004, 08:13 PM
This is probably the best quote:
"never equate losing with failure" --Arthur Ashe

Go to safinator.com for lots of SAfin quotes...

David Pavlich
10-15-2004, 06:42 PM
A rolling stone...will give you a heckuva bruise.
One good turn...and you'll get all of the covers.
Where there's a will...there's a relative.

David

Kirko
10-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Phil's right.

Deuce
10-17-2004, 12:08 AM
your defenition of cool is probably way different from mine but, i recommend you think about whatever you put in pretty hard, so that 20 years down the road you dont regret it horribly. My favorite quote, Henry David Thoreau, "What lies before us and what lies behind us are trivial in comparison to what lies within us.".........see sig for a much funnier quote

The quote you attribute to Thoreau was actually written by Emerson.

Another from Emerson: "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail."

A good Thoreau quote whose meaning is similar... "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

My advice to ibemadskillzz is to quote thyself. This way, you will be sure to be original.

aceindahole2K5
10-17-2004, 12:30 AM
duece, always the voice of reason, my transcendental compass musta been a bit off when i quoted that :oops: