PDA

View Full Version : wrist pain due to new grip style

RoddickistheMan
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Recently I switched my grip style by spreading out my fingers more. I have been getting wrist pain right where the wrist turns like in alignment with the pinky. Its a sharp pain. I think it started when on mishits when the racquet turns into the wrist. Is this something my wrist will get used to after awhile or should i consider switching grip sizes style etc. I have never experienced this pain before because I used heavier racquets I guess. I have been using light weight racquets recently so maybe this is the problem.
________
HONDA NX250 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NX250)

astra
07-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Recently I switched my grip style by spreading out my fingers more. I have been getting wrist pain right where the wrist turns like in alignment with the pinky. Its a sharp pain. I think it started when on mishits when the racquet turns into the wrist. Is this something my wrist will get used to after awhile or should i consider switching grip sizes style etc. I have never experienced this pain before because I used heavier racquets I guess. I have been using light weight racquets recently so maybe this is the problem.

My advice: Return back to your original grip immediately!
Your wrist will not get used to the pain you describe. I suppose it will take some time for you to recover your wrist. As soon as the wrist is 100 % OK, investigate with your original grip whether the pain was caused by a lighter racquet or not.
When trying new grip styles, your wrist gives you feedback whether it is natural or not.