PDA

View Full Version : Wilson NXT Max vs. Kirschbaum?

Benjamin
10-15-2004, 03:55 AM
I currently use a Wilson Hyper ProStaff 6.1 strung at 63 pounds (which I now think has dropped down to about 57 pounds or so) with Kirschbaum Super Smash Honey 17.

I'm currently demoing a Wilson nCode nSix-One 95, strung with Wilson NXT Max 16g string (probably around 56 pounds or so), hoping that it would turn out to be a slightly lighter Hyper ProStaff 6.1.

I'm finding that I don't have anywhere near the spin potential with the NSix-One as I do with my Hyper ProStaff 6.1.

I'm just wondering if the 17g Kirschbaum typically gives that much more spin potential compared to the NXT Max 16g?

I'm just trying to determine if it's the string or the racquet causing me to get ALOT less spin, less power, and less control with the nSix-One.

Thanks.

Benjamin

borisboris
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
That's a tough one. I bought an Equipe off these boards & it had the NXT 17 @ a mid 60 lbs but I didn't know how many hrs of use it had. I use the SS 17 in my other Equipe @ 63. I found the NXT is a great control string but really lacks the pwr I'm used to. A 17 ga is always - well almost always going to give you more spin so the SS will naturally rip over the ball better than the 16 ga NXT - but the SS is a pure Poly and packs more punch also. 2 differnt strings.

Steve Huff
10-15-2004, 03:01 PM
The polyester is a lot lower powered than the NXT. Therefore, to get the same depth, you are forced to either swing harder (increase racket head speed) or hit flatter. You might simply be swing harder at the ball with the poly-strung racket.

But, it could also be a matter of the ncode being stiffer than the PS. It's a lot easier to impart spin with a more flexible racket, all other things being equal. I couldn't tell you if, or how much more, the ncode is stiffer.