PDA

View Full Version : hats.......

lendl lives
03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
why wear a hat if only makes you hotter and sweat more? (besides the sun in your eyes on the serve thing i dont see the point)

csb
03-16-2004, 04:17 PM
So you don't get sunburned(for those of us losing a bit up top)

Ace
03-16-2004, 06:41 PM
i have long hair and sometimes its better to tuck it under the hat than have it on my shoulders on a hot day.

jayserinos99
03-17-2004, 12:22 AM
i think my hat actually cools me down and absorbs my sweat. and it definitely helps with the sunburn.

but in all actuality i've worn them for so long i can't play without one.

Verbal_Kint
03-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Black hats will get you warmer, while white, thin hats will prevent heating up.

Marnix

Jerry Seinfeld
03-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Without much left in the way of hair, hats are essential for protection from the sun. I prefer the no logo hats from Unique Sports. They used to be available from TW...not sure if they still are available here, but they are white, light weight, have a great sweatband and are made of a fabric that breathes very nicely. The ultimate cap for the hair challenged tennis player!

BreakPoint
03-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I wear a baseball cap on sunny days mainly to keep the sun out of my eyes, not just for serving but for all shots. Even with sunglasses on, the the sun rays coming from up top can seep in from the top of the sunglasses and behind them and into your eyes and cause a glare. The bill on the hat helps to prevent this.

joebedford
03-27-2004, 06:51 PM
I second the "bill keeps the sun out of my eyes" comment. Also keeps the sweat out of my eyes. But I have plenty of hair, so I use a visor instead of a hat in hot weather to stay cooler. If the sun isn't an issue, I wear a wide sweatband a la Fed.

kreative
03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
i only wear a hat on sunny days to protect myself from sunburn, and shade my eyes. i really prefer to play w/o wearing a hat. weird b/c in HS, i was practically unable to play if i wasn't wearing a hat (mental i guess), but i think lots of bball in college w/o wearing a hat got me used to not wearing one while playing sports.

voltman
03-27-2004, 11:54 PM
The best headgear I've ever worn the is the Nike Dri-Fit Feather visor. Absorbs, wicks, and is really light weight.