PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of soreness quickly

Dunlopkid
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey guys,

I hit yesterday for a lot longer than I should have after not having hit for a while. Today my lower body and shoulders are extremely sore. I've got a big tourney starting tomorrow. Any tips on how to work out the soreness before then?

richw76
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey guys,

I hit yesterday for a lot longer than I should have after not having hit for a while. Today my lower body and shoulders are extremely sore. I've got a big tourney starting tomorrow. Any tips on how to work out the soreness before then?

I'm just repeating what others have said but I've tried all at least once...
In order that I think they are effective

Ice bath (tried, works)
Tiger Balm (tried, works)
epson salt hot bath (tried, works)
For leg soreness lay on the floor sit you legs straight up against wall, so legs over heart(tried, works but too late for you. you must do this almost right after you finish or it doesn't work)

dave333
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Protein if its a muscle thing.

Burt Turkoglu
07-28-2007, 12:59 PM
agree with richw.....ice bath is good but I HATE it

Bodacious DVT
07-28-2007, 01:15 PM
agree with richw.....ice bath is good but I HATE it

lol ice baths are awsome. cant really describe it tho.

as for the soreness, everything listed works. i would also keep the muscle moving and massage it

heycal
07-28-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm just repeating what others have said but I've tried all at least once...
In order that I think they are effective

Ice bath (tried, works)
Tiger Balm (tried, works)
epson salt hot bath (tried, works)
For leg soreness lay on the floor sit you legs straight up against wall, so legs over heart(tried, works but too late for you. you must do this almost right after you finish or it doesn't work)

Ice bath is probably too late for him now too. But can you elaborate on this legs up thing? Never heard of it before.

Bodacious DVT
07-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Ice bath is probably too late for him now too. But can you elaborate on this legs up thing? Never heard of it before.

i think its the same concept as when you have swelling/inflamation. raising it above heart level lowers the amount of blood flowing to the affected area, reducing the pain/swelling/soreness.

am i right?

richw76
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
i think its the same concept as when you have swelling/inflamation. raising it above heart level lowers the amount of blood flowing to the affected area, reducing the pain/swelling/soreness.

am i right?
Almost, I think either Ano or chess gave a great explanation a few weeks ago, but basically raising the legs helps to stop lactic acid from building up and depositing in your legs. This helps reduce pain/swelling/soreness.

heycal
07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Almost, I think either Ano or chess gave a great explanation a few weeks ago, but basically raising the legs helps to stop lactic acid from building up and depositing in your legs. This helps reduce pain/swelling/soreness.

And it really works? So what's the proceedure exactly? When and for how long?