PDA

View Full Version : Huge Blister

300Gkid
07-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok, i was playing on clay yesterday, i was only hitting for about an hour but it was a hard, constant hitting and just in that one hour i developed a big blister, on the 2nd to last shot i hit i ripped it open and now it kills, its about the size of a nickel and its all raw skin, i couldnt play tennis today, is there anyway to make it heal faster or even play with it?

300Gkid
07-28-2007, 07:01 PM
btw the blister was on my palm and it is still very raw

theace21
07-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Borg used to tape his palm to prevent blisters. Or you get a golf glove, racketball glove - at least you could get on the court.

bank5
07-29-2007, 05:13 AM
I did the exact same thing yesterday. I cut off the dead skin and put some New Skin (liquid bandage) on it. That was the wrong move because if freakin killed. I've been putting neosporin on it and I might try to hit today. I'm going to put a bandaide and tape it up but I know it'll still hurt.

bigfoot910
07-29-2007, 07:29 AM
you could try mole skin or new skin. It is a very tough bandage that adheres very well to skin. Alot of athletes use it, just make sure you put a little pad over the actual cut so it won't rip the new skin when you pull the bandage off.
Hope this helps

Pro Staff Pete
07-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Be patient and wait a couple of days before playing again, really. If you're in the middle of a tournament or something, try some tape for example.

bank5
07-29-2007, 08:47 AM
you could try mole skin or new skin. It is a very tough bandage that adheres very well to skin. Alot of athletes use it, just make sure you put a little pad over the actual cut so it won't rip the new skin when you pull the bandage off.
Hope this helps

If there's raw skin showing I'd stay away from the New Skin. I used that stuff on a blister I had yesterday and was yelling in pain. I thought my skin was going to start bubbling up and get infected. It reminded me of that scene in Fight Club (ok maybe not that bad).