PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Twitches...what causes them?

ilovecarlos
07-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Woke up middle of the night with twitching muscle in my left arm...about halfway between shoulder and elbow...It's now many hours later and it's still twitching from time to time...it's weird looking over at it...I can se the skin buldge when the twitch happens....what causes this and what can I do to make it stop...anyone know? Thanks for your help...this is driving me nuts!

xtremerunnerars
07-28-2007, 12:13 PM
* Benign twitches (not caused by disease or disorders)
o Often affecting the eyelids, calf, or thumb
o Normal and quite common, often triggered by stress or anxiety
* A diet deficiency
* Drug overdose (caffeine)
* Drug side effect (such as diuretics, corticosteroids and estrogens)
* Exercise
taken from medline

I had one in my abs the other day, it was hilarious!

ilovecarlos
07-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Ah thanks I think...it's gone away for now...
guess only time makes it go away
appreciate the feedback

StealthGnome
07-28-2007, 07:59 PM
estrogens[/B])

Mmmm... estrogen.

ilovecarlos
07-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Mmmm... estrogen.

yeah Baby, I'm OD'ing from all of that estrogen pumping through my veins...better watch out...I'll twitch you to death;)

bluestreak711
09-19-2007, 10:45 PM
i get them all the time different parts of the body

and i have no idea the cause

ananda
09-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Woke up middle of the night with twitching muscle in my left arm...about halfway between shoulder and elbow...
are you a left armed player?
1hbh or 2hbh. what strings do you use and what tension ?
try changing string tension. otherwise change racquet.

thursdayisgod
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM
It's pretty common, I don't think it's bad. It happens to me a lot, especially if I have a dream where I'm playing tennis I really start jerking about.

ShooterMcMarco
09-23-2007, 08:47 PM
It happens to me a lot, especially if I have a dream where I'm playing tennis I really start jerking about.

Too much information.

ubel
09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
It's pretty common, I don't think it's bad. It happens to me a lot, especially if I have a dream where I'm playing tennis I really start jerking about.
wow, exact same thing happens to me. i thought i was the only one with strong dream-inducing muscle memory LOL. i fall asleep in my computer science class and my legs start split stepping, or i'll just randomly twist my torso and swing my arm. worst part about it is it wakes up me and i have to endure about 30 "is this kid ********" looks... would rather just stay asleep :(

superstition
09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Muscle twitching is often caused by stress. One thing that may help is taking a low-dose Magnesium supplement. Too much Magnesium, though, can lower your blood pressure, causing numbness.