PDA

View Full Version : Where do you put your string savers?

perfmode
10-15-2004, 07:03 PM
I put 8 total.

4 in the middle of the bed along the 4th cross, skipping a main between each.

4 in the middle of the bed along the 6th cross, skipping a main in between each and avoiding the mains with savers on the 4th cross.

skuludo
10-16-2004, 07:03 PM
I basicly put it on every cross and main. This means my entire string bed is filled with string savers except the 3 and 9 o clock mains and crosses.

Yonex MP Tour-1 (90)

perfmode
10-16-2004, 07:05 PM
What a waste. If you have a string saver on a single main, it won't move around for three or four crosses. I hope that makes sense. Putting it on your entire stringbed is ridiculous. The mains don't move at the top or bottom cross either.

Deuce
10-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I put mine in my closet. They're too much of a nuisance.

skuludo
10-17-2004, 08:40 PM
To perfmode. It's not about the strings moving. The strings still moved when I had applied all the string savers on, and that includes the thick gamma string savers too. The thing I don't like about the thick gamma string savers is it tends to really eat up the string when it moves. I do this to stiffen up the string bed when the racket is freshly strung and leave that way through out its life. Also the strings don't dig into one another which poly strings tend to do.

One time I had the cross string pierce through my main string due to 4 weeks of playing with out string savers. That only occured once in my life time. I swore never to let that happen again. Previously all my poly strung rackets snapped at the 12 o clock posistion.

Also I reuse my string savers, so it isn't really a waste. I bought 5 packs of string savers to cover up 2 complete string beds. Using Wilson, Babolat, and Gamma. I always lose a couple of pieces on removal, installation, and playing.

K!ck5w3rvE
10-18-2004, 12:44 AM
I put mine in my closet. They're too much of a nuisance.

CALL OF THE YEAR!

perfmode
10-18-2004, 05:25 AM
To perfmode. It's not about the strings moving. The strings still moved when I had applied all the string savers on, and that includes the thick gamma string savers too. The thing I don't like about the thick gamma string savers is it tends to really eat up the string when it moves. I do this to stiffen up the string bed when the racket is freshly strung and leave that way through out its life. Also the strings don't dig into one another which poly strings tend to do.

One time I had the cross string pierce through my main string due to 4 weeks of playing with out string savers. That only occured once in my life time. I swore never to let that happen again. Previously all my poly strung rackets snapped at the 12 o clock posistion.

Also I reuse my string savers, so it isn't really a waste. I bought 5 packs of string savers to cover up 2 complete string beds. Using Wilson, Babolat, and Gamma. I always lose a couple of pieces on removal, installation, and playing.

Oh, ok. I thought u just bought a pack everytime you strung up.

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 07:00 AM
i dont put a stringsaver anywhere until i see the gut start to fray, and then i only put one when i see a fray point....i would estimate i get at least 25% more play out of my stringjobs before the strings break this way..for me, it is a very worthwhle thing to do