PDA

View Full Version : Topspin 2?

WildRice
10-16-2004, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know if microsoft is going to release a Topspin 2 for XBox? The game is awesome, but another one with a greater variety of characters and options would be sweet.

Tennis Guy
10-16-2004, 08:10 AM
They are, but I don't know when.

ibemadskillzz
10-16-2004, 05:08 PM
This game isn't realistic at all.
1.fake tournaments- not all but most are
2. fake drills, i want real drills to develop the character.
3. fake players, they should include at least 300 choices, other sports games have way more than 500 real players- such as Madden football.
4. star system isn't realistic, example- blake has less stars for volleys than most of them, he certaintly has better volleys than half of mens side in that game.
5. no save and load section in career mode
6. no coin flip to pick who serves and side pick. Always has to serve first- stays on the same side too.
7. not a variety of licensed equipment few of wilson,head, and ect only few.
8. 3 game sets in career mode?- i should be able to set that up 6 if I wanted to.
9. It's so repetitive that, after one round, you want to turn it off.
10. can reach number one ranked within hours- in one day.
11. every single computer players, have the same game, only difference is power in their shots or angles- no true serve and volleiers and etc.
12. only way to have a little enjoyment is by Xbox Live.
13. no warm-up tourneys for grand slams, you can jump around everywhere, mix it up, unrealistic sechdule-make the game according to real life schedules.
14. Everyplayer is so consistent.

Can someone send these errors to the Game to Xbox or Top Spin creators, so if they make Top Spin 2, It it amazing game?
thanks

Tennis Guy
10-17-2004, 08:31 AM
This game isn't realistic at all.
1.fake tournaments- not all but most are
2. fake drills, i want real drills to develop the character.
3. fake players, they should include at least 300 choices, other sports games have way more than 500 real players- such as Madden football.
4. star system isn't realistic, example- blake has less stars for volleys than most of them, he certaintly has better volleys than half of mens side in that game.
5. no save and load section in career mode
6. no coin flip to pick who serves and side pick. Always has to serve first- stays on the same side too.
7. not a variety of licensed equipment few of wilson,head, and ect only few.
8. 3 game sets in career mode?- i should be able to set that up 6 if I wanted to.
9. It's so repetitive that, after one round, you want to turn it off.
10. can reach number one ranked within hours- in one day.
11. every single computer players, have the same game, only difference is power in their shots or angles- no true serve and volleiers and etc.
12. only way to have a little enjoyment is by Xbox Live.
13. no warm-up tourneys for grand slams, you can jump around everywhere, mix it up, unrealistic sechdule-make the game according to real life schedules.
14. Everyplayer is so consistent.

Can someone send these errors to the Game to Xbox or Top Spin creators, so if they make Top Spin 2, It it amazing game?
thanks
I agree, that's why Smash Court Tennis is so much better.

splink779
10-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Dont get me wrong, Smash Court 2 is the best so far imo, (beating Hewitt on clay is the hardest thing in the game) but I still think that a lot can be done to improve tennis games. For example, motion looks the same for every type of serve and every type of forehand and backhand (besides slice, which looks like a joke). This could be easily corrected. They need more player individuality, just like how in good fighting games no one moves the same. They should do motion capture on these athelets like in other games. I understand that these things may never happen since I doubt tennis games have very large budgets, but I can still dream.

Drizzt
10-24-2004, 04:52 PM
I heard they are coming out with a Top Spin 2 but not until Microsofts new system comes out.

splink779
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I just played Virtua Tennis 2 (tennis2k2) for the first time, and I gotta say despite its arcadish look it is the most fun.

ChiefAce
11-03-2004, 10:27 AM
In topspin you choose between 4 different service motions. I also think Topspin is easily the best tennis game ever made, but you can't really judge the game unless you play it on Xbox Live against other people.

splink779
11-03-2004, 11:23 AM
in smash court you can choose between 8 different service motions! Booya