PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best synthetic gut for me?

intense2b
10-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm a 5.0 serve and volley player who loves gut but keeps popping strings. I was told that the next best thing to gut is technibre nrg2 18 is the closest to gut,

NoBadMojo
10-16-2004, 06:01 PM
intense i would say the new techifibre bi-phase x-one is the closest thing to gut and it holds its tension much better than the nrg2. TW has/had a free shirt deal on the BiPhase which alone is worth trying a set. problem i think you will have with this is that the nrg2 isnt very durable, certanly alot less durable than gut and it doesnt hold its tension well. the biphase seems to be nore durable than the nrg2 and holds its tension far better....suggest you use a thicker guage string than 17 or 18guage if you are a breaker and stringsavers certainly buy me more sessions out of the gut.

intense2b
10-16-2004, 07:47 PM
intense i would say the new techifibre bi-phase x-one is the closest thing to gut and it holds its tension much better than the nrg2. TW has/had a free shirt deal on the BiPhase which alone is worth trying a set. problem i think you will have with this is that the nrg2 isnt very durable, certanly alot less durable than gut and it doesnt hold its tension well. the biphase seems to be nore durable than the nrg2 and holds its tension far better....suggest you use a thicker guage string than 17 or 18guage if you are a breaker and stringsavers certainly buy me more sessions out of the gut.

Wow...gut is more durable than the nrg2? I dod not know that! Anyway, I will try out the bi phase...thanks!