PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon string and pain


Pro_Tour_630
10-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Luxilon string, do you think it causes pain ?

joe sch
10-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Its painful but worth it to most advanced players because it has the best control of any type of string ever produced. The way to make poly strings much more comfortable and add playability is to hybrid with natural gut. Use the poly string for the crosses and the natural for the mains. Many ATP pros are using similar setups now. I also like this combination very much especially when used at a low tension, which is the other key for minimizing the painful effects.

finchy
10-16-2004, 08:37 PM
IMO, it causes some of the pain. the rest comes from technique. not necessarily bad technique, just more extreme technique.

Pro_Tour_630
10-16-2004, 08:58 PM
so in order to use luxilon, I have to Hybrid with natural gut and pay attention to technique !?!? why !?!?!? why do 4.5 players+ have to pay particular attention to technique and combine with natural gut when we are pain free with normal synthetics????!!!!!

finchy
10-16-2004, 09:12 PM
actually, ill have to say that pain caused by technigue is 99.9% of the problem, the other .1% is material stuff (racquets, string).

so if you get pain, then its your technique's fault mostly. there are some people out there that can withstand the harshness of bb ALU. our #3 varsity player string his ncode 95's at 65 with alu.

i mean, look at andy roddick. he used nat gut and a poly and STILL got tennis elbow. know why? his technique.

Pro_Tour_630
10-16-2004, 09:57 PM
finchy, I am a 5.5 player, why do I have pain when i use luxilon and do not have pain when I use normal synthetics?????? my technique is still the same using both stings???????

finchy wrote:
but gradually, i've started to lose control, and get pain in my wrist.

does that mean you had bad technique when playing with monogut?????

K!ck5w3rvE
10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Alu = pain.
Timo = pain.
Original = pain.
etc etc

SUPERSENSE = NO PAIN

jun
10-16-2004, 11:39 PM
flinchy, i think you are misled here....

harsh strings can cause arm problems. It might not absorb necessarily amout of shock for some people out there. So it's not alway technqiue.

Roddick's elbow problem is something else. It's more likely due to overusage than technqiue alone. He does hit ball pretty violently, so technqiue could be part of the reason. But I would say it's overusage..

NoBadMojo
10-17-2004, 05:46 AM
michael dont you know that poly strings change your technique from good to bad and that s why your wrist hurts? :) without question stiff strings like lux can give you wrist pain and problems.....couple that w. bad technique and it makes it even worse...also on older joints you will experience the problem sooner than if you are a kid. stiff strings also reduce the sweetspot size so you get the double whammy, and couple the lux w. a stiff frame (pd) and you'e got the trifecta going on. pros are the only people that should be using this stuff, and sometimes they even get injured by theoir string. i gotta laugh here because when polys first came out years ago, they were the cheapest string you could buy and no body <i mean nobody) would use them because they are such crap..i know the gear got more powerful and i guess you need to tame the power, but for the people on this board, why dont you just use a lower powered frame which will be much kinder to your body, and then you dont need the harsh string? i guess people just want to use what the pros use even if not the right choice...

Gaines Hillix
10-17-2004, 06:30 AM
ALU - never had any pain and still don't. It's my string of choice.

TIMO - yes, had elbow soreness after each match.

Haven't used the others.

counterpuncher
10-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Have to agree that Supersense gave me no pain whatsoever and Ace was almost as good in that regard with some ever so slight soreness when I used ALU.

perfmode
10-17-2004, 04:21 PM
finchy, I am a 5.5 player, why do I have pain when i use luxilon and do not have pain when I use normal synthetics?????? my technique is still the same using both stings???????

finchy wrote:
but gradually, i've started to lose control, and get pain in my wrist.

does that mean you had bad technique when playing with monogut?????

It means that the Alu uncovers your bad technique. You may play well with your current racquet but if you played with a ps85, it would uncover your bad technique the same way. The ALU is simply less forgiving than regular string. If you don't hit the sweetspot, you'll feel it.

finchy
10-17-2004, 06:06 PM
nice explanation perfmode. i've never seen it in that perspective.

Pro_Tour_630
10-17-2004, 06:53 PM
Perfmode, you might be confusing technique with STYLE,
This reminds me of a particular contraceptive, not only will it hinder your performance; it has a 50/50 success rate in birth control???? Why use it in the first place?

perfmode
10-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Perfmode, you might be confusing technique with STYLE,
This reminds me of a particular contraceptive, not only will it hinder your performance; it has a 50/50 success rate in birth control???? Why use it in the first place?

If you use a racquet that is too demanding, it will hurt your arm, right? If you constantly hit off center or miss the tiny sweetspot, you will hate it.

If you use a string that is too demanding (ie. BB Alu), it will hurt your arm. This string is still and makes the sweetspot smaller. If you miss the sweetspot, it will feel harsh and unforgiving regardless of your "style". Pro's don't have any problems using BB because they hit the sweetspot and don't have to deal with the harshness of offcenter hits. It's that simple.

BB really reduces "useless" power and gives you tons of control over your shots. It is definitely worth it if you can handle it.

finchy
10-17-2004, 07:16 PM
lol. i guess that means that a-rod cant hit the sweet spot...

Xevoius
10-17-2004, 07:40 PM
What BB reduces power? huh? :?:

I have not felt a string return more of the energy that I put into the shot until I have used BB Original. It takes a pretty good crack at the ball to make the string respond with some spring but that spring that I feel is like a sling shot. I used to have an extremely sensitive arm and could only use the softest of strings but after focusing on my form and making sure that I am hitting out in front of me, my arm is fine and I am now able to try out the Luxilon and other poly type strings.

No pain at all anymore. I now only play with Luxilong Original or ALU because of the cupping type feel I get that makes me want to really go for my shots.

I will let you all know if my arm is still holding up after a few months.

I really think it is all about the tension and that it is important that you find it for your racquet. I strung Timo up at 60 lbs and after ten swings cut it out of my frame because it felt too stiff. I then put BB Original in at 57 and it was great. The only bad thing I can think of that I have found about these strings is the tension loss.

...and the freakin rats nest that you get when you try and string it up

intense2b
10-17-2004, 08:41 PM
The reason you guys think Luxilon causes pain is because you all use the "popular" luxilon strings...alu or timo !!!

I can't understand it but very few people use Luxilon Ace which happens to be the greatest string on the planet! It is very easy on the arm. Its like sitting in a plush cadillac.

No one on this board hits the ball like agassi...therefore why on earth would you want to use the same string as he does. We have absolutely nothing in common with Agassi....try Luxilon Ace...you won't be sorry!

Pro_Tour_630
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
perfmode, 1/2 the people on this board who swing the PS 85 use it because of one person only and we all know who that person is, if it were not for him I doubt many people will use it, whether they have technique or not. I played the PS 85 and loved it, had no complaints on off center shots, due to my STYLE of play, I did not care for it, it had nothing to do with it being a demanding stick, it was just a bit stiff to my liking and concluded that it will be best suited in the hands of a S/V if there is such a breed left. Even though it has a peanut size sweet spot I can still find it and love the feel when I hit the sweet spot when used with normal strings at normal tension. As for BB Luxilon, it is not as you say has a "small sweet spot", it has NONE, even on a 125 OS stick. It feels like a 2X4 even if you strike the sweet spot if there is such a thing with luxilon BB!!!!!! 1/2 the people on this board play and swear by Luxilon, do they all have perfect technique!? can they all handle it the way you say it should be handled?!?!, most of them are below 4.5?!?! from what I conclude the only person on this earth who has perfect technique and uses a PS 85 with Luxilon is an 8.0 Federer, well he is not 100% perfect since he uses 1/2 luxilon with GUT, I guess even he can mis hit and has occasional technique hicups. Anyone below him is not worthy of playing full luxilon?!?! right?!?! 50% of the above voters are complaining about pain, and I bet you 1/2 of the other 50% who are still using it are using it only because pros use it, plain and simple, technique or no technique.

Pro's don't have any problems using BB because they hit the sweetspot and don't have to deal with the harshness of offcenter hits. BB really reduces "useless" power and gives you tons of control over your shots. It is definitely worth it if you can handle it

If this is the case then all pros should switch to Luxilon plain and simple. Gut should not even be a choice for them?!? Right!?!

As for the little cheerleader, a wannabe 3.5 player, I doubt he knows the difference between good and bad technique.

Cheers

CliffH
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey, TIMO killed my shoulder for a month after an hour!!!!

Ace felt fine. Prince, wilson, bab all okay.

I play with an ncode 90, but at the time I tried it in a prostaff classic
6.1 and a pure drive.

Pain. Go figure. One vote for TIMO pain.

Pro_Tour_630
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
intense2b, like I said you have not tried Pacific Poly Power 18g, I treid both Ace and pacific and if you say Ace is like sitting in a plush caddilac, then Pacific Poly 18g is like sitting in Ushers Yacht !! the reason I did not like Ace is because it had a certine tinny sound to it, i think it has metalic compound, Pacific Poly Power 18g pockets the ball similar to their top of the line tough/prime natural gut.

Xevoius
10-17-2004, 09:52 PM
michael chaho, I really think that when you say Lux BB "feels like you are hitting with a 2X4 and has no sweet spot" is becuase you have not experimented with lower string tensions. I felt the same way about it after I strung my racquet with Timo at 60lbs. I swear that Lux BB Original has been the best string I have used with my POG so far and that is after trying over 15 other brands. Incredible ball pocketing and engergy return.

Look, I am a 30yr old 4.5-5.0 player that had a sensitive arm.

The string is good.

You said that if it is this good, why don't all the pros switch to it - well they basically have...

Jose Acasuso Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 27/28
Thierry Ascione Head Liquidmetal Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/20
Agustin Calleri Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/21
Guillermo Coria Prince Experimental Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 20/20
Alex Corretja Babolat Pure Drive Team Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 23/21
Albert Costa Fischer Pro 1 FT Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 25/23
Gaston Etlis Babolat Pure Control Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 18/18
Wayne Ferreira Dunlop 200 G Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/24
Fernando Gonzalez Babolat Pure Control + Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 20/20
Luis Horna Babolat Pure Control Team Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 23/22
Gustavo Kuerten Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/26

Shall I continue? I really do have more.[/quote]

intense2b
10-17-2004, 10:33 PM
intense2b, like I said you have not tried Pacific Poly Power 18g, I treid both Ace and pacific and if you say Ace is like sitting in a plush caddilac, then Pacific Poly 18g is like sitting in Ushers Yacht !! the reason I did not like Ace is because it had a certine tinny sound to it, i think it has metalic compound, Pacific Poly Power 18g pockets the ball similar to their top of the line tough/prime natural gut.

I have no clue about pacific poly. I never even heard of it. It may blow Ace out of the water...but that was not my point.

My point is that Luxilon Ace feels feels very plush .."like sitting in a cadillac." There may be other strings that are better...I'm just saying that this string feels great.

As far as your other post regarding the PS 85, please allow me to stick my two cents in. I am of a dying breed. I am a 5.0 serve and volleyer. I love the ps 85 but only with gut and only for serve and volleys. It is too demanding of a racquet for me for groundstrokes or especially return of serves. For a while, I used the 85 on service games and then switched to a different racquet for return of serves. In the end however, I found my current stick superior on every shot except serves. If however, my opponenet is returning really well then I keep the 85 in my bag to serve up a few aces.

Rabbit
10-18-2004, 05:04 AM
I have been a fan of Luxilon for quite some time. I use TIMO, and like it. I have recently moved over to the 18 gauge and found it plays more like a regular synthetic, but that may be because the 17 is so much harder playing (for lack of a better term). When I started playing with TIMO, I noted on these boards that I hated the feel, but loved the results. Well, the feel has grown on me to the point that I think I may be addicted, at least as far as the C10 goes. I am thinking about changing rackets and if I do, I'll play around with setup.

I recently listened to a hour long talk that Warren Bosworth gave at some type convention. In it, he said that it was true when wood was king, that technique was responsible for tennis elbow. Now, he said that stiff, light equipment was just as much to blame as anything in technique. The combination of the two was a sure recipe for tennis elbow.

My own thoughts? Truthfully, I thought at one time that Luxilon was responsible for my elbow. But, I played with the Vilas strung with gut for about 6 months, and when I went back to my C10s with TIMO, I haven't had a twinge since. I have really come to the belief that as you get older, physical problems will come and go (come more than go sadly). Once you find something that works, you should be very slow to change anything. If you have arm trouble, you should probably stay away from any type of polyester or kevlar. A buddy of mine who didn't have arm trouble and didn't know better strung a frame with a whole kevlar job at 67 pounds and....voila, he had arm trouble. He fixed it after I told him that it was probably his string job. His racket was a Head PT 280. If you have arm trouble, I would strongly recommend that you try a good multi or natural gut. Probably the best choice IMO for a mutli is LaserFibre. They don't lose tension and have great playability. For natural gut, you can't go wrong with BDE and I would recommend for arm trouble, a thicker gauge, 16 or even 15L.

Bottom line, some products are wrong choices for some players. I don't have a problem with Luxilon, but have been told that it can contribute to arm problems if you lean that way. In the Warren Bosworth segement that I referenced earlier, he also said that grip size and shape can be big factors in arm problems. By simply changing the shape of a grip, you can elminiate arm problems. There are a number of factors that cause arm problems, finding the right combination for you is the hard part.

StringBreaker
10-18-2004, 05:12 AM
I've used Alu and Alu Rough, in hybrids and I loathe the stuff. Instant soreness in the palm of my hands. Doesnt apply to all polys, Pro Hurricane is a poly and that doesnt hurt me at all.

perfmode
10-18-2004, 05:18 AM
michael chaho, I really think that when you say Lux BB "feels like you are hitting with a 2X4 and has no sweet spot" is becuase you have not experimented with lower string tensions. I felt the same way about it after I strung my racquet with Timo at 60lbs. I swear that Lux BB Original has been the best string I have used with my POG so far and that is after trying over 15 other brands. Incredible ball pocketing and engergy return.

Look, I am a 30yr old 4.5-5.0 player that had a sensitive arm.

The string is good.

You said that if it is this good, why don't all the pros switch to it - well they basically have...

Jose Acasuso Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 27/28
Thierry Ascione Head Liquidmetal Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/20
Agustin Calleri Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/21
Guillermo Coria Prince Experimental Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 20/20
Alex Corretja Babolat Pure Drive Team Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 23/21
Albert Costa Fischer Pro 1 FT Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 25/23
Gaston Etlis Babolat Pure Control Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 18/18
Wayne Ferreira Dunlop 200 G Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/24
Fernando Gonzalez Babolat Pure Control + Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 20/20
Luis Horna Babolat Pure Control Team Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 23/22
Gustavo Kuerten Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/26

Shall I continue? I really do have more.[/quote]



Chacho, you got served. The entire ATP tour is basically BB and gut. If you were stringing for a tourney and you only have gut and bb, you'd be able to serve 95% of the players.


Right now I don't use Luxilon because of the tension loss. I can't afford to restring every time I play. If I could afford to, I would use Luxilon BB 24/7 and not because pro's use it. It is simply the best playing string for me and one of the best strings on the market.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I would never go into a tournament with a freshly strung racquet. It takes me about a half an hour to prime the strings so that they settle after their initial tension loss. I am now trying to string my racquet a lb or two tighter to compensate for the tension loss.

I have heard of some people even enjoying playing with Lux strung in the 40 lb range.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
This is right from BigBanger.be web site: 60% of top 200 ATP playes play with Luxilon. What about the other 40%? why aren't they playing Luxilon if it were that superior?!?! 30% of the WTA player play Luxilon, what about the other 70%!?!, Their LOCAL Belgian players do not play Luxilon like Henin and Kim C. These two players know something we all don't know?!?! They have bad technique?!?! as for Juniors 40% of boys play Luxilon and 15% girls, If these strings are that superior then all Juniors should be playing with them.

Which brings me to wheelchair players playing with Luxilon. :twisted: No comment on this one regarding technique or pain...

It is nice to see BigBanger has an AID FUND, only it should be put to good use and that is to pay for those players suffering from PAIN :roll:

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Ok, now you are just trolling for an argument. How could 60% of top 200 ATP play with any product that feels like a 2X4 and has no sweetspot.

I thought Tournagrip was a bogus grip up until last year, until I actually gave it a chance and did not judge it by my first ignorant impressions of it. I am sure more than 60% of top 200 ATP play with this product and there is definately a reason. Do I use it? No because I cannot afford to change my grip every match.

Do I assume that since all the top 200 ATP Pros do not use it, it somehow sux? No. I think your logic is a bit flawed in this department. See you cannot prove that since 100% of a sample group does not use a particular product when given a choice, that product is bad. Think of it this way, since the majority (above 50%) of the highest ranking tennis players in the world play with this string, it must have some good qualities about it.

I mean whose judgement do you think is more believable, yours or over 60% of the best tennis players in the world? I would recommend taking the stance of "It is probably a very good string, but it is just not for me". I would also suggest giving it another chance because if I just went with my first impressions of Lux BB Timo, I would probably have the same opinion you have. Remember, each type of Big Banger has its own characteristics.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Xevoius wrote:

You said that if it is this good, why don't all the pros switch to it - well they basically have...

insinuating that they ALL have, you went on to list some players. My ref was to debunk your post, thats all. Furthermore most of these players picture are found on the package of the particular string Luxilon claims they play with, only to find out later that the photos are randomly chosen. How deceiving to poor soles who don't know better :roll: Any yes I have tried almost all Luxilon strings before they even made it to the US shores and at almost every tension 65-40 imaginable using many forms of stringing methods including UNIVERSAL METHOD OF PROPORTIONAL STRINGING to no avail.

Xevoius wrote:

Ok, now you are just trolling for an argument. How could 60% of top 200 ATP play with any product that feels like a 2X4 and has no sweetspot.

I think perfmode can answer this question better :wink:

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Furthermore most of these players picture are found on the package of the particular string Luxilon claims they play with, only to find out later that the photos are randomly chosen. How deceiving to poor soles who don't know better :roll:

The sticker simply says that the player plays with Big Banger. I thought you were beyond buying products because a well known professional player was using it, well at least that is what you insinuated in an earier post. It seems like you are really reaching to find reasons to hate Luxilon BB string when you bring their marketing techniques and info from their website into the discussion.

I think you are angry that you cannot enjoy the benefits of Big Banger because you experience pain when using it and are trying to sway the opinions of everyone else on this board. I suggest you record yourself playing and watch it back in slow motion. I felt pain too until I fixed my

Poor Swing Mechanics

:twisted:

Exci
10-18-2004, 10:30 AM
This is right from BigBanger.be web site: 60% of top 200 ATP playes play with Luxilon. What about the other 40%? why aren't they playing Luxilon if it were that superior?!?! 30% of the WTA player play Luxilon, what about the other 70%!?!, Their LOCAL Belgian players do not play Luxilon like Henin and Kim C. These two players know something we all don't know?!?! They have bad technique?!?! as for Juniors 40% of boys play Luxilon and 15% girls, If these strings are that superior then all Juniors should be playing with them.

Which brings me to wheelchair players playing with Luxilon. :twisted: No comment on this one regarding technique or pain...



I'm having some (read, SOME) occasional pain in my wrist as well with the Alu, but I'll have to find out if it's really the string though.

If it happens to be the Alu, then so be it. I won't bring down Luxilon for their strings then, it just doesn't suit me then. In fact, I can understand why people actually LIKE it. Yes, LIKE it instead of DISlike it. The control and power is simply amazing and I had never thought such a stiff string would be able to do that. You, on the other hand, try to bring down Luxilon because of YOUR bad experiences with it. To do so, you come up with possible the worst arguments I have ever read in my whole life. Let's take, for instance, this one:

This is right from BigBanger.be web site: 60% of top 200 ATP playes play with Luxilon. What about the other 40%? why aren't they playing Luxilon if it were that superior?!?!

A single brand providing strings for up to 60% of the top 200 players isn't impressive? What about the other 40%? They play about everything else, with the exception of Babolat, because they provide the Gut for the hybrids in that 60% as well. If 60% of the racquets is strung with whatever luxilon, wouldn't that ironicly show it's superiority? 120 players, among them players with different playstyles, yet they still provide 60% of them with Luxilon. Have you seen ANY 'superior' brand do that (again, apart from Babolat, because that also includes the gut).

So why doesn't the other 40% play with it? You don't know. Perhaps they don't like it, perhaps they never tried, perhaps they're hesitant to try. Fact remains that no other single type of string, EXCEPT for GUT!, covers THAT much players. Period.

As for the WTA: WTA isn't equal to ATP. Women aren't equal to men. Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to bring down women, but everybody can tell that no women would even make a chance in the top 100 men's game. Power wise they're just not on par. If you bothered to even think about this, you would have noticed that in the WTA tour, women use different racquets as well. They tend to get more to the 'power' side of it all, so why wouldn't you string it up with even more raw 'power'?

Their LOCAL Belgian players do not play Luxilon like Henin and Kim C. These two players know something we all don't know?!?! They have bad technique?!?!

Don't know why I would even bother with this, but have it your way. You are a prime example, my friend, of conspirency.



Brand X is from their native country.
Two famous players prefer native products over foreign products.
Two famous players know everything about Brand X.
Two famous players do not use Brand X.

Brand X = evil



Now you tell me, where does it go wrong? You can see where it goes wrong now, can't you? Now tell me, why couldn't you figure out yourself where you went wrong on that argument?

as for Juniors 40% of boys play Luxilon and 15% girls, If these strings are that superior then all Juniors should be playing with them.


Again you feel to see the point. 40% is still impressive, especially in the junior's tour, where the juniors tend to experiment with new stuff. As for the women, you've read my statement on that.

Which brings me to wheelchair players playing with Luxilon. :twisted: No comment on this one regarding technique or pain...

Wheelchair players are considered as a whole different story. Why? Because they get little media coverage. Of course you're not hearing much of Luxilon then, when their coverage is bare to none. Ever heard a wheelchair player raving a Wilson nCode? Ever heard anybody asking what wheelchair player X is using for racquet and string? No. I have no idea what percentage of wheelchair players actually use Luxilon, or whatever brand, but neither do you. You fail to backup your point, making it a false argument.

I could basically tear your posts apart, but I'll leave it with this one. It just consumes too much of my time to even bother with it. Just wanted to let you know that even bad experiences should have no effect on rationalism.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
http://www.gifs.net/animate/an195.gif

Can you feel it?

perfmode
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
This is right from BigBanger.be web site: 60% of top 200 ATP playes play with Luxilon. What about the other 40%? why aren't they playing Luxilon if it were that superior?!?! 30% of the WTA player play Luxilon, what about the other 70%!?!, Their LOCAL Belgian players do not play Luxilon like Henin and Kim C. These two players know something we all don't know?!?! They have bad technique?!?! as for Juniors 40% of boys play Luxilon and 15% girls, If these strings are that superior then all Juniors should be playing with them.

Which brings me to wheelchair players playing with Luxilon. :twisted: No comment on this one regarding technique or pain...

It is nice to see BigBanger has an AID FUND, only it should be put to good use and that is to pay for those players suffering from PAIN :roll:

Luxilon has 60% of the ATP players using their string. That means that they have more players than Wilson, Babolat, Yonex, Laserfibre, Tecnifibre and Ashaway combined. Sit the f.u.ck down; the arguement is over.

Exci
10-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Luxilon has 60% of the ATP players using their string. That means that they have more players than Wilson, Babolat, Yonex, Laserfibre, Tecnifibre and Ashaway combined. Sit the f.u.ck down; the arguement is over.

Read up, Babolat is a different story. Among those 60% are Lux/gut hybrids, which is covered mostly by Babolat. I'm not sure on their percentage.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 10:39 AM
:lol: Thanks everyone for making my workday a little better. I love when things get heated.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Xevoius, I read some of your previous posts, YOU ARE NEW TO LUXILON, give it some time and you will be here *****ing about how it gives you pain. Time will tell my friend :wink:

As for Exci, you had the time to bother with your long response to my thread?!?!?!? Repeat after me now and look at the total votes so far, 60% of the participants are compaining about pain

For anyone interested this is Exci thread *****ing about his girly wrist pain using Luxilon ROUGH:wink:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?p=121048&highlight=#121048

Exci
10-18-2004, 10:50 AM
As for Exci, you had the time to bother with your long response to my thread?!?!?!? Repeat after me now and look at the total votes so far, 60% of the participants are compaining about pain


I'm having some (read, SOME) occasional pain in my wrist as well with the Alu, but I'll have to find out if it's really the string though.

...

Just wanted to let you know that even bad experiences should have no effect on rationalism.


You're making it too easy..

Now think again, who is among that 60% I have to repeat? Who voted 'yes' in that poll, yet has been able to come up with a rational approach to Luxilon strings?

ChrisNC
10-18-2004, 11:14 AM
the reason I did not like Ace is because it had a certine tinny sound to it, i think it has metalic compound,

That's the thing that really bugs me about ALU. It sounds like you're hitting the ball with a small chain-link fence. I like the string, but without a good dampener, it'd drive me nuts. BTW, in my case, good dampener = rubber band

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
this isnt even a good argument. it might be if we were all pros, then MAYBE you could build a case for harsh poly strings. there are more than 50% of the posters in this survey that say they have pain from these strings, and that doesnt even take into account those that have the pain and are too vain to admit it because they for some reason use this crap, and those who havent been using it long enough to have the pain. i can assure you that if you use these strings for a long period of time, you are most likely to have a physical problem because of them. as far as it being a great feeling string..well..no comment. the reality is this string would be laughed at today as it was when it first came out years ago if the racquets werent so powerful these days..so to summarize most of you defenders of this product are defending something which is probably by far the cheapest to manufacture which gives you the best chance of not being able to play T when you get a little older..there are people that have found ways to like this string like rabbit who uses it at very low tension and in a super flexy frame, and there are always exception. if the stuff was good, even the pros wouldnt have a reason to hybrid it now would they. i'll be glad when the fad goes away and people wake up because i am tired of my lessons (lots of them juniors) cancelling their lessons w. me because they are injured and happen to use some poly and worst yet some poly in a pd+.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 12:10 PM
NoBadMojo wrote:

there are more than 50% of the posters in this survey that say they have pain from these strings, and that doesnt even take into account those that have the pain and are too vain to admit it because they for some reason use this crap

SO TRUE, we have Xevoius and Exci who fit the bill!!!!!!! What is truly amazing and Ironic the two people who are *****ing on this thread are both Luxilon users who have been complaining about pain !!!!!!! Another thing that is funny and it always occurs on these boards is when you crap all over someoneís equipment/gear of choice they immediately take it personal and start on the defensive. Poor souls, Luxilon is laughing at you all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!

ChrisNC wrote:

That's the thing that really bugs me about ALU. It sounds like you're hitting the ball with a small chain-link fence. I like the string, but without a good dampener, it'd drive me nuts.

Very True, the one thing that people overlook which happens to be one of the most important factor in string selection is SOUND. I might add, that is the way I feel about all Luxilon strings, they all sound tinny and dead. Hey I am not against all Polys there are Ploys that I enjoy, Pacific Poly Power 18g and Poly Polar 17g,

Perfmode, take a chill pill, most of these %60 atp players are hybriding with babolat Gut, listen to Exci

perfmode wrote:
Luxilon has 60% of the ATP players using their string. That means that they have more players than Wilson, Babolat, Yonex, Laserfibre, Tecnifibre and Ashaway combined. Sit the f.u.ck down; the arguement is over.

Exci wrote:
Read up, Babolat is a different story. Among those 60% are Lux/gut hybrids, which is covered mostly by Babolat. I'm not sure on their percentage.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BNG16.html

Look at the pros using Babolat natural gut, enough said, oh wait Federer is on that list, but wait I thought he uses Luxilon. Fact is BABOLAT can also claim that more than 60% of professional players play with Babolat gut!!!!! Reason you poor souls donít play with it is because you cannot afford to. :mrgreen:

tennisboy87
10-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Federer uses Wilson natural gut, not Babolat lol.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 02:48 PM
You tell him tennisboy!

Richie Rich
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I think Ed (nobadmojo) made a good point that is buried in his post. Most pro's that use lux are playing with older, heavier, flexier racquets that can help absorb some of the harshness of the string. Also, if you look at their tensions most are in the 22-25 kilo range which is only 48-55 lbs. Anyway, how many of these guys get physio and treatment on their wrists/elbows/shoulders that we never know about? Most get a good massage after every match. That is something the normal person just doesn't have access too.

I've tried it in my c-10's and I'm on the fence. Nice pop, decent feel with a multi/soft string cross hybrid, but I can see how playing with this stuff for a few years will take it's toll on wrists/arms/shoulders. Experimenting with tensions but low 50's seems to be a must. Any higher and you might as well put wire in your racquet.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Mojo, Mojo, Mojo

I would like to start by saying that all of our opinions on the string are valid even though we may not be professional tennis players. I really do not even understand why you would say they were not other than you were just trying to find something bad to say about the string but could not think of anything with substance.

I could give a rats arse that Luxilon makes this string or that any pros use it, all I know is that it feels like the stringbed cups the ball and has very high level of energy return. I am very sensitive to my body and I had to stop playing tennis for a month when I was using improper swing mechanics on my forehand and serve however, after fixing my problems, I feel no pain whatsoever, the strings do not even feel harsh, when I use Lux BB Original or ALU.

By the way your argument about the only reason this string is popular is because of current high powered frames is another bogus perspective as I and several others have been talking about using this string with 20+ year old frame models - POG and PS.

Is Luxilon BB the cheapest to manufacture? I would not mind some type of proof for this statement otherwise it is more meaningless propaganda similar to what michael chaho has been spewing.

there are people that have found ways to like this string like rabbit who uses it at very low tension and in a super flexy frame

Hmm? I just string it up in my frame at 58 lbs and it plays great. There was no "trying" involved in the process.

if the stuff was good, even the pros wouldnt have a reason to hybrid it now would they

You are using michael chaho's same flawed logic again. You may want to re-read a few posts above before you start to type up a response.

i am tired of my lessons (lots of them juniors) cancelling their lessons w. me because they are injured and happen to use some poly

Might I suggest that you teach them how to use proper stroke mechanics. I mean, that is what you are getting paid for, right?

:P

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
cant teach them good mechanics if they cant show up for the lessons because they are injured from using harsh strings and/or stiff harsh frames Xeviuous. btw Tennisboy, wilson doesnt make their own gut string..it's made for them by guess who? you all are certainly welcome to use whatever youy like, but there is a direct correaltion between stif strings and pain as there is w. light stif racquets and pain......good stroke production is quite obviously sonmething to be strived for especially these days when harsh gear can make for harsh pain.....this string hasnt even been in 'vogue' long enough to expose the inherent dangers of it, and still 60% of the people say the stuff hurts them...and those are only the ones who will admit it.....there's gonna be even more people complaining of pain and probs when they use it for a longer period of time, but you all just do what you want and you can all be right and all the 60% people on this informal poll that say its harmful can be wrong, but we'll be the ones more likely to be playing pain and injury free.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Just for everyone's knowledge and so it is clear, here is some data we can all use for the discussion.

From the USRSA website

Total players = 68

Player/ Racquet/ Main strings/ Cross strings /Tension

B = Lux on Both = 26 H = Lux as Hybrid = 12

Jose Acasuso Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 27/28 B
Mario Ancic Yonex Ultimum RD Ti 80 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 27/26 H
Igor Andreev Babolat Pure Drive + Team Babolat Pro Hurricane 1.30 Babolat Pro Hurricane 1.30 26/25
Hicham Arazi Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.25 23/22 H
Thierry Ascione Head Liquidmetal Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/20 B
Julien Benneteau Babolat Pure Drive + Babolat Polymono 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.30 28/27
Mahesh Bhupathi Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Wilson Natural gut 1.30 Wilson Natural gut 1.30 25/25
Agustin Calleri Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/21 B
Guillermo Canas Wilson Hyper Pro Staff Tour Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.20 Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.20 23/23
Guillermo Canas Wilson Hyper Pro Staff Tour Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.20 Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.20 25/25
Juan Ignacio Chela Babolat Pure Control + Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 26/25
Arnaud Clement Head Liquidmetal Prestige Babolat VS Team 1.30 Babolat VS Team 1.30 25/25
Guillermo Coria Prince Experimental Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 20/20 B
Alex Corretja Babolat Pure Drive Team Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 23/21 B
Albert Costa Fischer Pro 1 FT Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 25/23 B
Nikolay Davydenko Head i.Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat Twin Gut 1.35 25/24 H
Taylor Dent Wilson Wilson Pro Staff ROK Babolat VS Touch 1.30 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 26/26
Antony Dupuis Head i.prestige Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.28 Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.28 25/24
Nicolas Escude Babolat Pure Drive + Team Babolat VS Team 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.25 28/28
Gaston Etlis Babolat Pure Control Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 18/18 B
Roger Federer Wilson Pro Staff Tour 90 Wilson Natural gut 1.30 Luxilon Alu Power rough 1.25 26/25 H
Wayne Ferreira Dunlop 200 G Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/24 B
Robby Ginepri Babolat Pure Control Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 25/25
Fernando Gonzalez Babolat Pure Control + Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 20/20 B
Sebastiein Grosjean Head Liquidmetal Prestige Babolat VS Team 1.30 Babolat VS Team 1.30 24/24
Tommy Haas Dunlop 200 G Babolat VS Touch 1.30 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 34/32
Paul Hanley Topspin 630 Pro Tour Klip Legend 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power rough 1.25 24/23 H
Luis Horna Babolat Pure Control Team Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 23/22 B
Joachim Johansson Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.25 26/26 H
Thomas Johansson Dunlop 300 G Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.30 27/27 H
Ivo Karlovic Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat Twin gut 1.25 25/25 H
Nicolas Kiefer Wilson Pro Staff 5.1 Babolat VS Team 1.27 Babolat VS Team 1.27 27/27
Mark Knowles Head i.prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.25 20/20 H
Stefan Koubek Wilson Hyper Pro Staff Isospeed Energetic 1.20 Isospeed Tournament 1.20 25/25
Karol Kucera Yonex RD Ti 50 Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.30 Kirschbaum Super Smash 1.30 29/28
Gustavo Kuerten Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/26 B
Irakli Labadze Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 23/23 B
Giovanni Lapentti Babolat Pure Control + Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 21/21
Nicolas Lapentti Babolat Pure Drive + Babolat VS Team 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.25 26/26
Hyung-Taik Lee Head Prestige Tour 660 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Team 1.35 25/25 H
Harel Levy Babolat Pure Drive Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 Babolat Ballistic Polymono 1.30 27/27
Feliciano Lopez Babolat Pure Drive + Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 27/25 B
Xavier Malisse Prince Tour Diablo Babolat Fiber Tour 1.30 Babolat Fiber Tour 1.30 27/27
Alberto Martin Babolat Pure Drive Luxilon Original 1.38 Luxilon Original 1.38 25/23 B
Todd Martin Wilson H Tour Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Babolat VS Touch 1.30 26/26 H
Nicolas Massu Babolat Pure Control + Team Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 24/24 B
Jurgen Melzer Sportastic More Area Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 29/28 B
Max Mirnyi Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Wilson Natural gut 1.25 Wilson Natural gut 1.25 26/26
Juan Monaco Head Liquidmetal Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/22 B
Carlos Moya Babolat Pure Drive Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 28/28 B
Rafael Nadal Babolat Aero Pro Babolat Tour Duralast 1.35 Babolat Tour Duralast 1.35 24/24
Jarkko Nieminen Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 23/23 B
Andrei Pavel Fischer Pro No. 1 Luxilon Ace 1.12 Luxilon Supersense 1.25 25/24 B
Mark Philippousis Head Prestige Classic 600 Babolat VS Team 1.30 Babolat VS Team 1.30 33/33
Todd Reid Dunlop 200 G Klip Legend 130 1.30 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 22/22 H
Tommy Robredo Dunlop 300 G Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 25/24 B
Marat Safin Head Liquidmetal Prestige Babolat VS Team 1.30 Babolat VS Team 1.30 30/29
David Sanchez Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 25/24 B
Fabrice Santoro Head i.Radical Tecnifibre Original 1.35 Technifibre Original 1.35 23/22
Rainer Schuettler Head Liquidmetal Prestige Polystar Classic 1.25 Polystar Classic 1.25 25/24
Robin Soederling Head Liquidmetal Prestige Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 27/27 B
Vincent Spadea Prince Graphite Oversize Prince Natural gut 1.29 Prince Natural gut 1.29 29/29
Franco Squillari Head Liquidmetal Radical Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 21/21 B
Fernando Verdasco Tecnifibre TFEEL 315 Luxilon Original 1.30 Luxilon Original 1.30 29/27 B
Martin Verkerk Head Liquidmetal Prestige Mid Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 26/25 B
Mikhael Youzhny Head Liquidmetal Instinct Pacific PolyForce 1.24 Pacific TourGut 1.25 27/26
Mariano Zabaleta Head i.prestige Mid Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 Luxilon Alu Power 1.25 25/25 B

Sample Set Summary:

The number of players using Luxilon String outnumber the players using all other types of string by more than 2 to 1.

The players that use Luxilon string for both mains and crosses out number the hybrid users by more than 2 to 1.

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
right...those are tour pros. tour pros can hit a small sweetspot, tour players have more access to therapy and sports medicine, tour players use heavier more flexy bats, tour players are better trained and have stronger muscles and tendons for tennis, tour players will accept playing in pain if it gains them more points, tour players dont seem to be so interested in playing T until a ripe old age...all for the most part of course. your post has really little to do with this thread because the whole point is that what works for the pros isnt necessarily better for the club player.

Mulligan
10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Chaho...in my humble opinion you should not "crap all over someone's gear/equipment" in the first place. Life is too short to dis what others are using just because you've got a problem with it. Offer some constructive critisism and move on. Lux might be perfect for some players just as a LM Prestige might make more sense than an iPrestige or some 10 year old Head frame to a certain type of player. To each their own.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Mojo,

I think your sig is totally fitting for the amount of spin you are putting into your responses. I really liked the part about how pros don't really want to play tennis in their later years :roll: .

Look, it seems like common sense to look at pro players gear as they are are the tennis elite that have had the opportunity to try out as many types of string as they want at any tension they would like with no regaurd for cost or time and are going for what helps their game the most.

I am not buying your speech on tour players this and tour players that. My post was to make it clear to everyone what the distribution of Luxilon users were in a small sample of tour players. This seemed to be important since there were comments being made, such as your baseless comment if the stuff was good, even the pros wouldnt have a reason to hybrid it now would they that needed to be cleared up.

Name me one other sport where a decent amature player could not and should not use the same eqiupment for possibility of injury that a professional would use. Let's keep it fair and maintain that both players are close to the same age and stature and assume of course that the professional player's skill is much higher.

I think that looking at equipment trends that professional players use is a great way for a club player to get an edge.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 04:26 PM
NoBadMojo wrote:

btw Tennisboy, wilson doesnt make their own gut string..it's made for them by guess who?

Nice one mojo, don't even waist your time with this Xevoius character, he has just recently started using Luxilon, read his previous posts, only about few months ago, boy is he in for a real surprise, now I know where the term "can't see further than your nose" comes from :cry:

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 04:29 PM
xeovius we're not talking about other sports, we're talking about tennis which is different than the other sports is it not? so a comparison doesnt seem to be worthwhile to me, but maybe someone else would wish to participate. i would respectfully wish to pass on that but i would name baseball as a sport where a college player may not wish to use a bat that a pro player would use, since they use wood still in the pros..speaking of which, you could use what the pro tennis players were using years ago because they were using a hunk of wood..who knows what these pros are really using w. the paintjobs, custom molds, pro room gear, etc..

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 04:40 PM
I have used it for a little more than 3 months. I am a chronic string breaker and I will be the first to admit if the string gives me arm pain. I have tried Lux BB ALU, Original, Timo, 5-star, Ace, and ALU touch Hybrid. I play aprrox 15 hours a week and admit that Timo was too stiff for me to use however I have not experienced any pain from using ALU or Original whatsoever.

The thing is all these strings do not have much flex so there is a really small window of tension for these strings to respond like a racquet would if it was strung at say 65 with a multifilament. If you go just a couple of lbs too tight, they respond as if the multifilament was strung at 70lbs or more.

For me 59 lbs is too tight and would cause soreness if I continued to play with my racquet at this tension. And in turn 54 and below is too lose causing me to feel a lack of control.

There was a point in time when I could only use Wilson NXT or Technifibre NRG but after spending some time on my form I was able to give the polys a try and found that Lux BB is it for me at the moment.

Just giving you some background...

How long do you expect that I will be using Lux BB for before my arm falls off of my body? After 2 hours of match play today, it currently feels as fresh as a daisy.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 04:44 PM
BTW, perfmode where did my backup go?

thejackal
10-18-2004, 04:44 PM
So BB is definitly rougher than other strings, but how does it compare to kevlar (when used in a hybrid with syngut)?

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 04:48 PM
I tried a friends Kevlar hybrid out two days ago who used a midplus sized racquet strung at 60 - now that felt like strking the ball with a freakin 2x4! :shock:

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 05:18 PM
xevious, kevlar does not stretch at all, it is a twine, you need to string it at below 50, 60 or 80 would feel the same, but if you would listen to what we say and try Kevlar 18g mains at 50 and gut in cross strung proportionaly you would experience something you have not experienced in your whole life. :roll:

only thing I am jealous about is that you get to play 15 hours a week in santa maria and I am in the cold playing once a week indoor already :cry:

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Xevoius wrote:

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:40 pm Post subject:
I have used it for a little more than 3 months.

Oh Really !! more like less than one months for a string that has been out all those years and you have just discovered Luxilon and found out something we all donít know, string it at low tension, Oh lordy!!!!!

Xevoius wrote:

Forum: Racquets Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:19 am Subject: POG 107 with a one-handed backhand?
Oh, and I am using Technifibre NGR 16 and 17 on all racquets.

You have been using and advocating tenchnifibre 17g all along and have only mentioned that you just started experimenting with Luxilon on Sep 30, read below


Xevoius wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:02 am Post subject: Hybrids using Luxilon Big Banger on my POG 107

So I typically use Technifibre NRG 17. I really love this string however I have been going through a set every time I play only two sets. I just recently got some Luxilon BB Alu 16 rough and did a hybrid string job with Wilxon NXT 17 crosses and I am not really happy with how the racquet hits. It was suggested that I use nat gut for the crosses. The tensions I normally string the Technifibre is at 58 and I strung the hybrid at 53 mains 58 crosses.

It seems while playing with the hybrid, I am not able to generate more spin and I blast the ball long a lot of the time - am just not getting the bite on the ball that I am used to.

Any suggestions

I think I am going to try my old Technifibre for crosses next time with Luxilon BB original, Lux BB Timo 18, Lux BB Ace 18 and the pentagon string along with Head Intellifibre 17. I have a feeling I am missing the control of the 17 gauge.

SORRY I COULD NOT RESIST,

When you get more than a month under your belt using this crap let us know how it really feels.

perfmode
10-18-2004, 06:23 PM
BTW, perfmode where did my backup go?

I was offline playing tennis from 5-8. The girl at my club who is top ten in New England had her ncode strung with BBALU today. She's 13 and the best damn player in the state in her age group. I don't thin she buys string because pro's use it. She buys it because it works. Btw, she's playing in the Cinci Open next month.

Xevious, ignore these fools. We'll never get through to them. Once they have an opinion, they'll do whatever it takes to get on your nerves and try to argue their point. It's like playing tennis against a concrete wall, we can't win this fight. Just go to sleep tonight with the satisfaction of knowing that these noobs aren't on our level.

To chaho and the whole anti-everyone gang. Honestly, if I played any of you in singles, I would **** the string off of your racquet. If you are ever in the Boston area, hit me up. I'll definitely play you.

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 06:57 PM
yet another ridiculous post from perfmode. you need to quit calling people names. you need to stop using foul language. you need to quit being so arrogant for none of this stuff is gonna get you very far in life kid..i assume you are like 13, not that it makes your behaviour legit ....your parents should kick your butt and drag it all around boston.

Pro_Tour_630
10-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Perfmode wrote:

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:05 pm Post subject: Racquet for a former 5.5 teen
I retired from playing international juniors when I was 14 but now (16) I have decided to play competitively for my school I am looking for a set of nice racquets. Price doesn't matter, I want the best

this is perfmodes first post, he is a 16 year old skateboard punk, I would gladly look you up next time I am in the boston area which will be on November 9th to give you a real spanking, "I want the best price does not matter", what a loser :mrgreen:

Perfmode wrote:


I don't have a budget. I can buy whatever I want. What is the BEST gut that money can buy? Something that has a very good coat. I like the Babolat VS Team Natural 17. Is that one good enough for my two racquets? Why can't a buy a reel of gut?

here we go again nothing but the best, you want to buy gut in a reel, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard,

Perfmode wrote:

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:45 pm Post subject:
Also, I measured my hands and my hands are much larger than anything available in current racquets. The length of my middle finger from my palm alone is 4".

I measured from the crease in my palm to the tip of my ring finger and it is 5 1/4". I looked at the example and I put the measuring tape right no the crease that they showed.

Do racquets come in 5 1/4" grips or will I need to modify it for it to fit? Are there stores that will enlarge the grips for me?

I will post a pic of my hand as soon as I get a chance

NO this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, YOU WANT TO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR HAND ON THE BOARDS !?!?!?!?!

there is more?!?!?

Perfmode wrote:

I can hit winners on the run. I play with excessive spin and pace. I can hit a ball onto a dime on the other end of the court, my shots are consistent and I have very little unforced errors. My first serve isn't very powerful due to my loose shoulder disk/cup/thing(i need to work out to build tissue). My second serves are well placed and have good spin. I can use topspin lobs, drop shots, volleys well. I am a baseliner with hard hitting crosscourt shots. My biggest weakness would be my flat serve. I can't over extend my shoulder too much so I can't generate the pace i'd like. What would my ntrp rank be?

You can hit a dime on the other court?!?! well then you must be a 8.0, Oh wait you have no first serve?!?! you should listen to fellow posters you are a 4.0 wannabe 5.5 :roll:

NoBadMojo
10-18-2004, 07:11 PM
yea but how many racquets constitute a 'set' do you suppose??? lol
michael if you ever get down my way, i would be happy to hook up for a hit with you if you dont mind playing on the dirt. ed

Nyl
10-18-2004, 07:52 PM
i play w/ POG w/ BB original @ 58 ... and tried 60 before... no pain no wutsoever.

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 08:10 PM
michael chaho! you *****

Perfmode - The girl at my club who is top ten in New England had her ncode strung with BBALU today. She's 13 and the best damn player in the state in her age group.

Michael, I wonder if she whines half as much as you do about the pain. :lol:

So tell me what indoor tennis is like. Sounds fun. Is it expensive?

Xevoius
10-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Here here Nyl!!
Have you ever tried ALU in it?

I love BB original with my POG 107 but the tension loss after about 10 hrs of hitting was kind of a bummer. I strung up ALU yesterday at 58 and my hit today was great but time will tell if it is better.

Exci
10-19-2004, 12:20 AM
For anyone interested this is Exci thread *****ing about his girly wrist pain using Luxilon ROUGH:wink:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?p=121048&highlight=#121048

Gosh, I had not noticed that you edited your message to add this. What is this? Trying to get personal in a way? You suggest that my wrist pain is 'girly', yet the main reason you want us to dislike the string is this 'girly' pain? Pure contradiction, isn't it?

I am not hesitant to have a fair argument, but every time you fail to come with proper arguments? Have they not taught you how to argue in school? Obviously you are not native, but neither am I. You will not be able to use that for an excuse.

SO TRUE, we have Xevoius and Exci who fit the bill!!!!!!! What is truly amazing and Ironic the two people who are *****ing on this thread are both Luxilon users who have been complaining about pain !!!!!!!

First of all, I do not need to get shouted at. Thank you. Second thing is, am I '*****ing'? I am asking you to have a rational approach to this. I am not asking you to like these strings, am I? You just get too emotional when you are discussing this. Can we keep it fair at least? Same goes for Xevoius though, calm down.

Chaho, you seem to forget one thing here: one should never enforce his opinion. But they taught you that in school as well.

Interesting though that you fail to comment on any point I made, but instead use one of my points in your own argument.

Perfmode, take a chill pill, most of these %60 atp players are hybriding with babolat Gut, listen to Exci

I actually began to like you a bit there though, since it is the first post I have seen from you without a shout. You see how easy that is? No need for '*****ing' or 'girly' comments, is there?

As for Nobadmojo:

You do make a valid point that we should take a look at tennis alone. I agree with that, other sports are different and should thus have a different approach.

As for you comment on the Luxilon strings, you actually support my rationalism. Let me show you.

right...those are tour pros. tour pros can hit a small sweetspot, tour players have more access to therapy and sports medicine, tour players use heavier more flexy bats, tour players are better trained and have stronger muscles and tendons for tennis, tour players will accept playing in pain if it gains them more points, tour players dont seem to be so interested in playing T until a ripe old age...all for the most part of course. your post has really little to do with this thread because the whole point is that what works for the pros isnt necessarily better for the club player.

So tour pros can use it. If pros can use it, the string is not per definition unusable. And that is what I was trying to prove: if it works for you, fine. If it does not work for you, fine by me as well. But please do not enforce on or another to switch if they feel fine. If you hit that '2x4' sweetspot, it has tremendous energy return combined with control. Yes, I am fully aware of the energy return of gut and yes I know that it surpasses any Luxilon in terms of power and feel, but that is not my point. Luxilon can work for you.

If my wrist pain continues, I will switch to a different string. Does that make the Luxilon per definition a bad string? No. Is it a bad string for my sole purposes? Yes!

And yes, I envy those who can use gut. For me, it is not worth its price tag. Over here in the Netherlands, the cheapest gut I can get costs me 75 dollars, excluding stringing. As you know, the Netherlands have in general a high humidity level. On top of that, I play on clay. Even with string savers, I would blast the string out of my racquet anyway or it would lose tension badly.

Oh dear, I got off topic. :roll: Ah well, I might look into something different next time. I just do not think Luxilon strings are bad per definition.

I would like to add one thing though, Sir Chaho. First of all, age does not matter. They come wise at younger ages as well. Apart from that, you are acting like a 12 year old as well, so please get yourself together first before you go and make a fool out of perfmode.

Oh and perfmode: you can do better than that. There is no need for challenging. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Michael whipped your arrogant little *** on the court. Please let me know the score by the time you guys have played.

djones
10-19-2004, 02:30 AM
. Over here in the Netherlands, the cheapest gut I can get costs me 75 dollars, excluding stringing. As you know, the Netherlands have in general a high humidity level. On top of that, I play on clay. .That ain't true!
The Babolat Gut strings are available at around 40 euros, and you could get cheaper brands like Tyger (I doubt if it's any good) for 29 euros.

artworks
10-19-2004, 03:40 AM
Kindly stop the unwanted arguments!

The subject is if the Luxilon String causes pain in the arm?

We only want to know in this board if Luxilon strings has to do with arm pain.

Please note your vote only counts 1 regardless of your opinion and reason.

I say yes, the Luxilon Alu Power 16L caused me arm pain after only using it for 18 hours. That's why you need to use it as hybrid with another softer string to reduce if not elimate the pain it cause.

Try Ashaway Monogut 17. It will give you almost the same result without the arm pain.

Jaro
10-19-2004, 03:49 AM
I have used Lux TIMO 17g for about one year. It is true that it feels quite hard on the arm, but this string works the best for me.

So, I don't care if for somebody on this board it is "crap". For me it is one of the best strings available.

Exci
10-19-2004, 04:33 AM
. Over here in the Netherlands, the cheapest gut I can get costs me 75 dollars, excluding stringing. As you know, the Netherlands have in general a high humidity level. On top of that, I play on clay. .That ain't true!
The Babolat Gut strings are available at around 40 euros, and you could get cheaper brands like Tyger (I doubt if it's any good) for 29 euros.

Hmm yea sorry, only had the Babolat Gut strings in mind at their respective retail prices. Didn't know we had alternatives as well, doubt it will be any good though. :)

So ordering via internet gets you babolat strings in de 50-60 dollar range then. Still too expensive for me.

But indeed, let us focus on the Luxilon strings instead.

Artworks: the vote is indeed about wether it causes pain or not, but the topic is actually about if it's right for us to use Luxilon, so it appears.

Pro_Tour_630
10-19-2004, 08:52 AM
I agree with MOST of your statements Exci, especially:

Exci wrote:
one should never enforce his opinion
if it works for you, fine. If it does not work for you, fine by me as well.
Luxilon can work for you.
In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Michael whipped your arrogant little *** on the court.

On the other hand, your first post in response to my thread was done in frustration and anger. Agree?

You asked, Have you seen ANY 'superior' brand to Luxilon? But you did not to let me answer YES I have, BABOLAT, by saying ďapartĒ from Babolat all the time in your arguments for Luxilon, see my point.


The reason I bought up facts from Luxilon web site was only to prove Xevoius and later perfmodes arguments were false, thats all, read below, which you also helped me in proving with your Babolat ref posts. Can Babolat also claim that more than 60%of ATP players play with their string? Yes of course. My point is that Luxilon is not the ONLY widely used string on the ATP Tour, Babolat is up there as well and not far behind it is Pacific. Is luxilon POPULAR among ATP players today, yes I agree to that, but popularity comes and goes, it is called a fad.

Xevoius wrote:
Quote:
You said that if it is this good, why don't all the pros switch to it - well they basically have...


michael chaho wrote:
: insinuating that they ALL have, you went on to list some players. My ref was to debunk your post, thats all.


I went on to list WTA, Juniors % of luxilon users among Pros etc.. all whom do not state %100 play with Luxilon, as Xevious claims, regardless if more than 40% play with it, I know that is an impressive % but it is not %100, thatís all.

As for your ref on the WTA womens players using Luxilon , I do not agree with your statement, you are contradicting yourself, if women are not as powerful as men why are more than %30 to almost %40 of them using Luxilon, that impressive in your book? correct?

As for kim and Henin not using Luxilon, it is not a conspiracy theory, just wondering why? That all

As for the wheelchair players using Luxilon, as if they donít have enough pain or challenges, they need Luxilon which MIGHT impair them further. Thatís all. No pity here, we were talking about proper technique and how it might have a positive affect Luxilon users, so please donít tell me wheelchair players have textbook mechanics which might deter them from getting hurt using Luxilon.


I will end on a positive note, I also agree with the stuff they let you smoke in Netherlands, your last post to this thread was positive and to the point, thank you

Mulligan wrote:
Chaho...in my humble opinion you should not "crap all over someone's gear/equipment" in the first place. Life is too short to dis what others are using just because you've got a problem with it. Offer some constructive critisism and move on. Lux might be perfect for some players just as a LM Prestige might make more sense than an iPrestige or some 10 year old Head frame to a certain type of player. To each their own

I agree to that as well

StringBreaker
10-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Federer uses Wilson natural gut, not Babolat :D

Wilson Natural Gut is made by Babolat. Roger uses the Wilson branded version cos its free. P.S. he stopped hybriding it with BB ALU Rough at the US open and since then won 12 ATP tournaments in a row.... :lol:

I wonder if his arm was hurting? :D

Exci
10-19-2004, 10:50 AM
blabla :P

Yes, You are actually right. Have some minor differences in opinion though when it comes to the WTA, but I will not go in detail here, because we are discussing Luxilon here. It might be stated as a contradiction, it is not meant like that.

As for wheel chair players: I have no idea what they use. They could use guitar strings, fish lines, I have no idea really. :oops: That was what I meant to say with that.

Thanks for posting a proper reply with a neutral tone. I appreciate that. 8)

A real surprise to me though was that you agreed with this:

In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Michael whipped your arrogant little *** on the court.

:wink:

Oh and:

I also agree with the stuff they let you smoke in Netherlands

You should..

Oops, almost forgot, Stringbreaker: Fed has been using full gut / Gut/Lux hybrid for quite a while now I believe. He actually played that US Open with both the full gut and the hybrid. I think he played either the semi-final or the final with a full gut. Perhaps to gain some power, because he was somehow fatigued. I do not think it is related to arm problems at all. After all, God has no arm problems, has he?

Pro_Tour_630
10-19-2004, 11:49 AM
exci, go to http://www.bigbanger.be/Main.html and click on players, there you will see wheelchair etc... which was surprising to me, click FAQ regarding kim and hennin etc...

A real surprise to me though was that you agreed with this:

Quote:
In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Michael whipped your arrogant little *** on the court.

perfmode has a bad shoulder, it might be tough for him to hold serve, I have an amazing serve, I doubt he can break me, so I predict if we ever play it will be 6/2 6/2 for me, or 6/3 and 6/ 3 for me if he has a good shoulder day, if we play points without serving, then it might be even, kid is fast pusher and plays with his head. :wink:

perfmode
10-19-2004, 11:58 AM
michael chaho! you *****

Perfmode - The girl at my club who is top ten in New England had her ncode strung with BBALU today. She's 13 and the best damn player in the state in her age group.

Michael, I wonder if she whines half as much as you do about the pain. :lol:

So tell me what indoor tennis is like. Sounds fun. Is it expensive?

Me or Chaho?

perfmode
10-19-2004, 12:15 PM
exci, go to http://www.bigbanger.be/Main.html and click on players, there you will see wheelchair etc... which was surprising to me, click FAQ regarding kim and hennin etc...

A real surprise to me though was that you agreed with this:

Quote:
In fact, I would not be surprised at all if Michael whipped your arrogant little *** on the court.

perfmode has a bad shoulder, it might be tough for him to hold serve, I have an amazing serve, I doubt he can break me, so I predict if we ever play it will be 6/2 6/2 for me, or 6/3 and 6/ 3 for me if he has a good shoulder day, if we play points without serving, then it might be even, kid is fast pusher and plays with his head. :wink:

My shoulder WAS bad but now I serve with more pace than my coach who was a top 300 (don't laugh) player a couple years ago. Where do you live? If you are ever in the New England area, I WILL play you. I'll give you my cell number and you could come down to the club.

Pro_Tour_630
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
perfmode wrote:

Posted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:10 pm Post subject: My shoulder pops out of the socket when I serve

My shoulder pops out of the socket when I serve And it sucks. I dislocated it in snowboarding in december and it's been loose ever since
Yes, if I serve too hard, it pops out just like that. I know how to pop it back in place already. The problem is learning to serve hard without popping it out


Less than five months ago, you had major arm problem, and you are playing with Luxilon POLY!?! man I feel for you thats all, if it is the string breaking and you love to buy reels then you are right buy ematrix 17g and string twice a week, it is cheap if you string yourself, I know you are having funny thoughts about the PS 85, please do not do it, especially with Luxilon, dont you want to play tennis for a long long time?!?!

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 05:50 PM
So, already 50 votes and the result of the poll is now 50% yes and 50% no. 8)

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Perhaps for some players it can causes pain, but IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT WILL CAUSE PAIN, to every players who use it.

The moral is simple, just go with what works for you, and lets you play good and pain free tennis.

Personnaly I play Luxilon and Kevlar Hybrids since several years, and my arm and shoulder never had to suffer from anything due to tennis. :D

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 06:26 PM
It looks like this subject will soon reach the 100 posts bareer. Come on guys, just a small effort again please. :mrgreen:

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 06:30 PM
And what do you think is better, Luxilon on a flexible racquet, or a soft multi on a stiff racquet?

perfmode
10-19-2004, 06:31 PM
perfmode wrote:

Posted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:10 pm Post subject: My shoulder pops out of the socket when I serve

My shoulder pops out of the socket when I serve And it sucks. I dislocated it in snowboarding in december and it's been loose ever since
Yes, if I serve too hard, it pops out just like that. I know how to pop it back in place already. The problem is learning to serve hard without popping it out


Less than five months ago, you had major arm problem, and you are playing with Luxilon POLY!?! man I feel for you thats all, if it is the string breaking and you love to buy reels then you are right buy ematrix 17g and string twice a week, it is cheap if you string yourself, I know you are having funny thoughts about the PS 85, please do not do it, especially with Luxilon, dont you want to play tennis for a long long time?!?!

When did I say I that I'm playing with Luxilon Poly? My racquets are strung with NXT right now. I used Luxilon for a while and never had any problems with it. The only reason I don't use it is because of the tension loss. If I could afford to spend $20 a week on stringing, I'd definitely use it and cut out my strings on Fridays. I'd much rather just use strings til they pop and rotate sticks.

Btw, the entire junior top ten plays Luxilon with the exception of Scoville Jenkins. He doesn't use a string stencil so I don't know who he plays with. It looks like Bab gut.


*spinbalz, please stop spamming the thread. i know you're trying to make it go platinum but that's a little bit annoying.

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 06:37 PM
1 more just for you Perfmode. HAHAHA :lol: :P

Pro_Tour_630
10-19-2004, 06:59 PM
You have discovered Polys and were excited to use it,

perfmode wrote:

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:59 pm Post subject:

I think it's safe to say that I really need to start using Poly's

but all of the sudden you found out the truth:

Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:59 am Post subject: big banger dead in two weeks?

These strings are starting to feel really f*cked up. I liked the feel at first but after two straight weeks of it, they are starting to feel really weird. I'm losing control and the balls are flying. I usually pop synth's in a day or two but these are showing no sign of breaking any time soon. What should I do about it


this was a really funny post it made my day, enjoyed reading this one,

and by september

My BB strings lost tension and feel only hours after using it. The sound was gone before I knew it and so was the control. I didn't like it at all

glade you are using NXT, especially 17g, IMO ematrix 17 is similar but 1/3 the price, you might get 18-20 jobs out of the reel, that is less than 4 bucks a job, so give that reel a try :wink:

spinbalz
10-19-2004, 07:12 PM
I agree with you Michael, Perfmode is one of the funniest posters on this message board, the problem is that it is not intentional from his part. :wink: