PDA

View Full Version : CANADIAN ORDER WITH TENNIS WAREHOUSE

bdawg
10-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi

I just ordered some items from tennis warehouse. They have a very friendly staff! Anyway, I wasn't aware of this but what are the brokerage fees involved in shipping items across the border. I chose to ship with fedex international express. Anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

mucat
10-17-2004, 10:04 PM
http://www.epinions.com/bsrv-Office_Services-Shipping-All-UPS_Standard_to_Canada/display_~reviews[/quote]

Maybe you should change to USPS. I was only charged GST and handling fee with USPS.

10-18-2004, 05:25 AM
when having stuff shipped from thw USA ONLY EVER USE the USPS....never UPS. NEVER UPS.

James Brown
10-18-2004, 05:52 AM
id be careful either way. first off TW overcharges, second off you cant get nike shipped here and third, you have to pay RIDICULOUS fees each time. i bought a pair nike breathes frees a while ago. $100 - reasonable for nike and tennis stuff. then 18.50 shipping....then 20$ canadian for customs or whatever.....and bam, thats 170 canadian ish, thats more than i wanted to pay for sure.. :>

Richie Rich
10-23-2004, 11:28 AM
These guys got it right. NEVER USE FEDEX OR UPS. They will both charge you a "brokerage fee" for "preparing paperwork" so your item can cross the border. Complete BS. Add on top the pst/gst/$5 handling fee and it's cheaper by far here - except if you are buying something like a POG longbody or other TW exclusive. USPS does not charge this fee.