PDA

View Full Version : using both sides of TOURNAGRIP.

tbini87
08-02-2007, 08:54 AM
i have recently started to use both sides of tournagrip. after one side gets worn down and slick i just flip the grip over and wrap it up again. this is my solution to the lacking durability of tournagrip. any others do this? i think it works very well and would recommend to others who use tournagrip.

federer envies me
08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
I dont use both sides because for some reason I dont like the back of tournagrips. It feels weird.

max
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I do it all the time. Been doing this for years.

ProStaff Legend
08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
i found that the backside isnt as good as the front

bagung
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
once overgrip absorbs alot of sweat, it becomes thinner....
tourna grip is no exceptions..... i do use the backside of tourna, although it is different than the front side, but the difference is not as bad as wilson progrip front and back differences

lilxjohnyy
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
cant really tell with tournagrip but for wilson pro u can definitley tell difference

aidenous
08-02-2007, 06:16 PM
It's easy try it and if you like it then use both sides. If you don't then don't.

tennis_hand
08-02-2007, 06:48 PM
once overgrip absorbs alot of sweat, it becomes thinner....
tourna grip is no exceptions..... i do use the backside of tourna, although it is different than the front side, but the difference is not as bad as wilson progrip front and back differences

it's thinner is also due to your squeeze it when using it and stretch it when wrapping it.

king of swing
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I use this on my head xtremesoft grips too... I have to try it on tourna next...

stevekim8
08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
ew

just buy a new one lol
it's not that expensive

PDRPPHVS+
08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I love using the backside, I just figued I could do it, I really like the stiff and scratchy feel, after the front side was burned out, like REALLY burned out!

njjohan
08-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Mine's always stretched because I use an extended length racquet (pd+), but I'll give it a go.

PDRPPHVS+
08-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Mine's always stretched because I use an extended length racquet (pd+), but I'll give it a go.

I use a PDR+ just use tourna XL, well that is what I USE!

raiden031
08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I've been using tournagrip and I don't even know the correct side to use. Which side goes on the outside where your hand holds, the side with or without the clear plastic that you peel off?

ChocolatePie
08-03-2007, 08:42 AM
I hate the back of it. It feels so....yucky.

VS_Power
08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
i use the back side too. it does get weird cuz its already absorbed lots of sweat and the color isnt as bright as a new one but i can just bring myself to throw in a new one when the other side is still usable

jonline
08-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I've been using tournagrip and I don't even know the correct side to use. Which side goes on the outside where your hand holds, the side with or without the clear plastic that you peel off?

Yeah, that's what you should do. I'm not sure, but I think the sides may be exactly the same, though the plastic side feels tackier because it's been more protected.

I tryed to flip my Tourna over last night, but when I pulled the finishing tape off, it took quite a bit of the grip with it!

Loco4Tennis
08-05-2007, 05:06 PM
i don't have turna, i use yonex supergrap, but i also do what you mentioned, but i also use the top part of the overgrip to start the racquet, since i hit 1 hand both forhand and backhand, the top of the grip never gets used, the reverse side of the overgrip feels slighttly different like everyone says, but it works

OneHander
08-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I have been using the front and back side of tourna grip for a long time without any problems. I have also heard that you can wash tourna grip and make it almost seem like new. I have not tried that. I would think this is a problem if you have started to wear the grip out (small tears etc.)

Jonnyf
08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
You're meant to use both side's, It's a double sided grip

tbini87
08-11-2007, 05:00 PM
You're meant to use both side's, It's a double sided grip

yeah, it just doesn't seem right to throw it away without being used on both sides.

jmverdugo
08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Both sides of the tourna grip are exactly the same. You can even use it four times, first: when is new, second: change the top for the bottom but still the same side, third: change to the other side, fourth: same as second but with the last used side. What a cheapo I am !! ;) and i have a THBH. This way you can use one overgrip for about 20 hours.

jonline
08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Both sides of the tourna grip are exactly the same. You can even use it four times, first: when is new, second: change the top for the bottom but still the same side, third: change to the other side, fourth: same as second but with the last used side. What a cheapo I am !! ;) and i have a THBH. This way you can use one overgrip for about 20 hours.

Saving the universe one Tourna Grip at a time...