PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find video of an old racquet ad

thehustler
10-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the company or exactly what year this commercial was made. I believe it was made in the early to mid 90's and I only saw it on tv one time, since I can only assume people were offended by it and wanted it off the air. Anyway the commercial went something like this...

You have some guy playing a tennis match vs God. He has the new whatever racket there is and God has a wooden racket with a very tiny head. They play a point out and of course God isn't missing. Finally the guy gets a winner by God. They then cut to some rave about how the racket does this and that and then go back to the match. In the background you can see the guy jumping for joy or something like that since he won a point. God then raises his hand and the guy drops dead. If anybody can find a clip of that or know where I could look that would be great. TIA.

Rabbit
10-18-2004, 06:55 AM
that was a Prince commercial. God was playing with a white graphite frame that had a head the size of a tennis ball. He had no stencil.

Rickson
10-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Why would you want to see such a blasphemous commercial?

thehustler
10-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Because the commercial was funny and better than most of the ones made today.

perfmode
10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Because the commercial was funny and better than most of the ones made today.

What commercials? I've NEVER seen a tennis commercial on tv. I'm not talking about tennis themed commercials. I'm talking about commercials for tennis products.

chad shaver
10-18-2004, 11:28 AM
You were probably in about the first grade or so, perfmode. Oh man, I'm old. You're my nephew's age, DOH!.

thehustler
10-18-2004, 03:44 PM
perf,

I just meant most commercials in general. Although I do like the one for the tenniswelcomecenter.com with the guy hitting on the girl and her trying to slap him and she misses due to his awesome reflexes thanks to tennis.

Max G.
10-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Did God use a one-handed backhand?