PDA

View Full Version : Good and durable TACKY grip?

nyc
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I've been using Wilson Pro overgrips until I tried a Prince DuraTac replacement grip. I love the extra tackiness the Prince grip gives me and the fact that I don't increase the grip size by using an overgrip.

Whilst it's cheap, it's not very durable and in hot weather gets slippery quickly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a better tacky replacement grip or a (super thin) tacky overgrip?

Also would love to be around the $4 mark max.....

Thanks!

Jonny S&V
08-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I've been using Wilson Pro overgrips until I tried a Prince DuraTac replacement grip. I love the extra tackiness the Prince grip gives me and the fact that I don't increase the grip size by using an overgrip.

Whilst it's cheap, it's not very durable and in hot weather gets slippery quickly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a better tacky replacement grip or a (super thin) tacky overgrip?

Also would love to be around the $4 mark max.....

Thanks!

If you haven't tried Yonex SuperGrab, then you should try that. Some people like TournaGrip 2, but I am not one of them, but it is worth trying out.

Keifers
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I've used DuraTac many times over the years. Tried the new Dura Pro+ recently and was pleasantly surprised -- tacky, comfortable and the surface seems to be holding up well in terms of durability and ability to resist picking up dirt (I have the white one).

My go-to repl grip is Gamma Hi-Tech -- tacky, firmer feeling than Dura Pro+, and lasts very well (seems to pick up dirt faster, though).

Thinnest overgrip I know is Gamma Grip2 (it has a tacky feel).

Good luck.

tbini87
08-02-2007, 03:53 PM
i would also suggest yonex supergrab or tournagrip II. especially if you are sweating a lot. i had the same problems you had with duratac.

Bronc10is
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Wilson H20vergrip is good.

aidenous
08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
H2Overgrip is not tacky it's smooth feeling. I think it's been discontinued. TW still has it listed but other sites and local shops no longer have it. I don't use it but know several people that really like it and they are bummed because they can't find it. I wonder if Wilson will have a similar overgrip?

If you like tacky Wilson does have the X-Tra Tack overgrip.

nyc
08-02-2007, 07:37 PM
thanks for the suggestions - I ordered the Yonex SuperGrab and will give that a try - and I think I till have a Gamma Hi Tech lying around somewhere, but I do remember that it's not as tacky.
The H2Os I used in very humid conditions with great success, but they're definitely not tacky.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

K-LEG
08-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Wilson H20vergrip is good.

I have a couple rolls of that grip left and it's probably the WORST grip you will ever find. It's so smooth, and the Wilson Pro overgrip gets too dirty way to fast, TOURNAGRIP OWNS.