PDA

View Full Version : String for the claycourts.

AA
03-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi All.

Im looking for a string for the upcoming claycourt season in Europe. First of all, I would like a string that maybe could make my Wilson HPS 5.0 feel a little less stiffer.....Next, I would like a string that provides good spin. Alot of power would be nice too....Control is not the main thing....I dont care how long the string last, just want a really nice string, that has the above elements.

Any help is appriciated,
Thanks

Jerry Seinfeld
03-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Alpha Gut 2000 is a nice playing, soft economy string. Natural gut would be the ultimate if cost is not an issue. A nat gut main and alpha gut 2000 hybrid will also play powerful and save you some money over the all-gut option.

Steve Huff
03-17-2004, 05:16 AM
A natural gut hybrid is a great option. If you don't want to use gut, try Laserfibre Supreme or SuperNatural. You can even use these in a hybrid, putting it in the mains, and adding a less expensive synthetic gut in the crosses.

K!ck5w3rvE
03-18-2004, 08:58 PM
luxilon strings are stiff, but less noticeable if you string them loosely, and you can string them loosely because they have great control. u get heaps of spin too, but dont go for "rough" strings, u dont get any more spin but ur durability is recked. i say go with a loosely strung big banger alu power 1.25 or big banger original in 1.25

joe sch
03-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Even though you claim not to care about durability or how long your ideal string will last, it is important that others realize that on clay, natural gut strings will Not last as long because the particles of the clay get between the strings and cause the natural string to break down faster. Also, clay tends to have some moisture, which will wear out natural strings. The weather proofing on most of todays natural guts tends to minimize these effects so if you insure to keep those strings protected by reapplying protective coatings after play wears off this layer, you can enjoy the benefits of natural gut on clay with endurance close to hard courts expectations.